• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

2011 China Investment Guide: How To Marry A Rich Chinese

This makes for an early morning read

Q. How does trying to land rich Chinese husband differ from other places?

A. It’s completely different here. The Chinese are very used to the idea of mistresses, and what one must do to keep them happy. The wives are also more tolerant of mistresses, and often look the other way. There is a silent code, however–you do not go in the same grounds with your mistress that you would go with your wife. This is why many of the ‘girlfriends’ often live in other cities–a business trip, combined with pleasure. So, if you’re a pretty girl and manage to get close to that billionaire, he and many of his cohorts will immediately click with the idea that you might easily become the next girlfriend. The rules are a bit more clear here: as one married Taiwanese man said about what his girlfriends expect of him: “Apartment, car, and if necessary a job.” His requirements in exchange? Simple. “She picks me up when I arrive at the airport, and spends all her time with me, and she drops me off at the airport. What she does with the rest of her time, I don’t care.”

Q. What’s the best way for a Western guy to marry up with a mainland Chinese lady?

A. This is a great, great potential area for marrying up. I know so many wealthy Chinese ladies in their forties and fifties worth a fortune, and divorced. She doesn’t need you to be rich, but she does need you have some semblance of accomplishment, i.e., degrees, suave world-wise knowledge, etc., and the devotion to cater to her needs without acting like a doormat. Remember that she will set certain traps to test whether you’re out for her money, and the key to winning the heart of she-millionaire is to pass muster.

2011 China Investment Guide: How To Marry A Rich Chinese - Russell Flannery - China Wealth - Forbes

Back