• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

CMU MSCF 2012 CMU Admissions Thread

I have been to told to take the refresher computer programming course offered by CMU. It was mentioned in my letter.

Regarding the c++ course, this is what the letter says:

"Your offer of admission is provisional upon your successful completion (with a grade of 'B' or better) of a full semester C or C++ programming course. This course should cover, at a minimum, the basics of the edit/compile/link process, writing and calling functions, pointers and array arithmetic, and memory allocation with malloc (C) or new (C++). You may take the programming class at any accredited college/university and the course must be completed by July 30, 2012."

alright, guess who added the last green light to the tracker!! i got in, with a very nice scholarship to top it all!!! best news i got for a while!!! congrats my fellow future classmates!!

alright, guess who added the last green light to the tracker!! i got in, with a very nice scholarship to top it all!!! best news i got for a while!!! congrats my fellow future classmates!!
21K is it? Congrats and hope to see you around. As long as you are in the East coast, you aren't too far away from most of us. I'm sure we are going to have some bar meetup in the future.
Btw, you haven't selected CMU as your final destination yet.

Andy Nguyen actually yes 21k how did you know? is it something most students get? anyways.. i'll update the final destination when i send in my enrollment deposit (next week)

There seems to be at least two levels of scholarship money. Anyone know how many of each kind they give out?

i wonder if anyone has experience of asking scholarship if they did not mention it in the admission letter.
or is financial aids available for the mscf?

Hey guys I'm new here. But I just recently got into quant finance. I am currently a sophomore in my undergrad and I am a finance major and minoring in math. I wont complete my calc series until the end of my junior year so I wont have completed some of the upper level math courses that mfe programs want such as multivariate calculus, differential equations, and an upper prob and stat course until my senior semesters. I understand that applications are accepted in November. So my question is will it just be a waste of time applying to schools next year, the start of my first senior semester, without these upper level math classes? Or should I go and work for a year after my undergrad so all of the classes I will take will be on my transcript at the time of application? Or should I go to school for another semester to take more math classes to improve my chances? Which option would help me out the best at getting into a top program? Thank you and sorry for the long post that isn't really relevant.

mine too. Do you know who is gonna interview you?
In my email there is no information about this.

Today should be the day for the decision for round 3.
I cross my fingers...
Anyone who is impatiently waiting?
In the meantime, I have been admitted to another (european) program, so the day just started in a good way!

Back