• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Columbia MFE 2012 Columbia MFE admission thread

It's that time of year again where applicants frantically finish up their application to beat the Dec 15th deadline (don't they just wait till last minute).
So let's gather all applicants to Columbia MFE program for 2012 here and share stories and wait for the results. It's going to be as much fun as last year ;)

Did you guys all put your timelines in the Tracker yet?

just finished my application, but realized that one of my recommenders still hasn't submitted his letter yet :eek:
hopefully it's not a big deal if he turns it in tomorrow or this weekend

I tried to apply this year but can't make a good TOEFL on time. So, I postpone my application to next year and hope I can make it!.

Hope all people here are admitted!!!!

Ha~just has my referee submitted my RL last week, and completed application to Columbia MFE finally. Yesterday, unfortunate to find I has been rejected by Baruch, still feeling sad. Waiting for other news~~~~

Columbia MFE average time to decision is 87 days according to data in our Tracker so you KNOW you will get a decision in early March.

Well, the super high efficiency of Baruch for rejecting me within 20 days really shocks me. Thx, keeping waiting is a tough thing, any way~~~

The average waiting time probably will go down a bit more this year as Columbia MFE streamlines their admission process. That's what they told me last year during the peak of their admission cycle.
It's interesting to look at the average waiting time in our Tracker and see right away which program has a rolling admission which results in much shorter time for result. Baruch MFE, Boston MathFin, Columbia MathFin are 3 examples.

submitted my application almost two weeks ago, i was applying to other programs which had earlier deadlines (Cornel Dec 1, Stanford Dec 6) so I submitted Columbia's application earlier :)
it wouldn't be a bad idea to have similar threads for admissions to other programs... best of luck to all!!

I was bugging one of my profs to submit my LoR soon, but he said that for Columbia, their deadline to submit LoRs is ~ 15 days after our deadline.

submitted my application in the last week of november... waiting for the result....

Well, the super high efficiency of Baruch for rejecting me within 20 days really shocks me. Thx, keeping waiting is a tough thing, any way~~~
Hii I am thinking of applying for Baruch.. Can you share ur profile.. so that it l help me to come to a conclusion whether to apply for Baruch or not... :)

Is it ok if the reference letter is submited a few days later than the deadline?... one of my reference letter hasn't been submitted yet..

Hii I am thinking of applying for Baruch.. Can you share ur profile.. so that it l help me to come to a conclusion whether to apply for Baruch or not... :)
Hi~I majored in financial mathematics(math school) in undergraduate study, GPA 89.1/100, GRE 750+590, 2 internship. Actually, the day after I have been rejected, I knew someone who got the chance for interview with a profile that GPA 78/100, GRE about 1200. So, I think these may not really make sense, just have a try.

Back