• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Cornell FE 2012 Cornell Admissions Thread

Alright, it's me again...
I always wanted to this whole apply-and-update-status-on-online-forums thing ever since I was in undergrad, so here I go again with my second thread... to all of you who applied to Cornell why not share your profile and application status over here... come on it will be fun! and if there are any alums or current students you are more than welcome to weigh in with your experience and insider tips!
best luck to you all!!

Hi there, had applied to Cornell..any idea when the results will be out ? Got some issue with my app status currently since I didnt submit a TOEFL score..have clarified with the ORIE office that it will be required, hence its something that I need to get sorted out asap. Apart frm that, I am applying with a few years experience in fixed income valuations for an i-bank. How abt you ?

Hi;
I actually come from an engineering background, having graduated with a mechanical engineering degree, and working at one of the US big 3 automakers (1yr experience)

when i visit my application page it says that it is complete. My GRE scores were received, i don't know about the TOEFL since I have it waived, as I belong in this category:

studied in full-time status for at least two academic years within the last five years in the United States, the United Kingdom, Ireland, Australia, or New Zealand, or with English language instruction in Canada or South Africa. You must submit a transcript that shows you have attended college in one of these approved locations.

I remember Cornell had some problems retrieving scores from ETS earlier

i had a skype interview yesterday with cornell. no results yet though

sorry for the delayed response. it went pretty well. as for the style, it was a little of both. but basic technical questions about things on my transcript or resume.

sorry for the delayed response. it went pretty well. as for the style, it was a little of both. but basic technical questions about things on my transcript or resume.
Thts cool..hopefully you should get a positive response..my application is kind of stuck due to my Toefl scores..which i will be submitting later this mth. Any indication of what kind of numbers they are looking to admit for 2012 ?

Cheers

Just based on their website I think they usually admit around 50 students for the FE concentration in their engineering school

Just based on their website I think they usually admit around 50 students for the FE concentration in their engineering school
Hi, David
Did you ask the interviewer when the result will come out ? It takes so long time~

I think last year the first results came out around 20-25th of February so patience :)

Hi, David
Did you ask the interviewer when the result will come out ? It takes so long time~

yea hopefully they're released soon. the interviewer did not give any exact date. she just said you'll hear from us soon

Hi, David

Are you assuming that even if you do not recieve interview request, you still stand a chance of bein admitted?

I didn't receive interview request, and for now I would assume they think I am not good enough for interviews and, therefore, not good enough for admission.

Are you assuming that even if you do not recieve interview request, you still stand a chance of bein admitted?

I didn't receive interview request, and for now I would assume they think I am not good enough for interviews and, therefore, not good enough for admission.

The tracker suggests that last year the majority of admitted students where not interviewed. Only a small part were.
So I would assume that thous interviewed are applicants where they are perhaps unsure of their technical ability, English skills or just some other part of the requirements.

When it comes to Cornell, there is no reason for concern if you have not been given an interview. Plenty of students are admitted without them and whether you get an interview or not is not really indicative of the strength of your application.

I just got admitted to Cornell via email from Kathy King.

Back