• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Cornell FE 2012 Cornell Admissions Thread

I just received email from Kathryn 1 hours before. She told I was placed on the Wait-list. Did anyone else receive the same email ? What chance from WL to Admission?

Hi, is there any one from Mainland of China? I study at Tsinghua University and have not received any information for Cornell yet. I wonder whether the applications from Chinese students have been reviewed or not...
Well, I am from Zhejiang University, never headed about it Right...?

None of my friends around received any pieces of information so I guess you are right. Wish we can be classmates in this program!

None of my friends around received any pieces of information so I guess you are right. Wish we can be classmates in this program!

I've heard about it definitely. I am from Ningbo. Good luck and hold on, CUUS!

Are you undergraduates in US? I am Chinese senior student in US and received Wait-list....It looks like Cornell view people with US degree first, then they view students from Chinese school.

Are you undergraduates in US? I am Chinese senior student in US and received Wait-list....It looks like Cornell view people with US degree first, then they view students from Chinese school.
I deeply doubt about that because, I guess, they won't even give us Chinese undergraduates a shot!

Well Well, of course we are from the same province, but it is true that those HongKongnese never heard about my school!!

I deeply doubt about that because, I guess, they won't even give us Chinese undergraduates a shot!
Why are you so pessimistic? I think applicants from ZJU have a great chance, haha.
Previous Chinese students admitted include those from PKU, THU, SJTU, FDU, WHU, NKU.

Why are you so pessimistic? I think applicants from ZJU have a great chance, haha.
Previous Chinese students admitted include those from PKU, THU, SJTU, FDU, WHU, NKU.
Historical data is unconvincing as the number of applicants for MFE. has doubled this year and there is no doubt that the US. bachelor degree will stay in a positive position. Therefore ... you can get the picture right?

Historical data is unconvincing as the number of applicants for MFE. has doubled this year and there is no doubt that the US. bachelor degree will stay in a positive position. Therefore ... you can get the picture right?

none of us are in the committee side. Be optimistic, dude.

I am not sure about their procedures, but i guess they do pool Chinese undergrads together for fairer comparison.

Well Well, of course we are from the same province, but it is true that those HongKongnese never heard about my school!!

No surprise. Pedigree still matters... Zhejiang U, though comparable to the Top 2 in research, still lags behind in that aspect

I looked through Cornell's FE graduates' profiles on their websites. They admitted about 38 Chinese students out of 54. And a quarter of them graduated from universities in China. So keep your chin up.

Received an email for a video interview from Admissions. Anyone else in the queue ?

Received an email for a video interview from Admissions. Anyone else in the queue ?
Congrats. I was interviewed 20 days ago. You have a great chance to be admitted when you have a interview invitation. However, I didn't take the prerequistive courses for FE, so I was redirected to Applied OR.

I hope so. But I may go to Columbia or NYU if they admit me...

Hi..I'm from Singapore, studied here and currently working here. How abt you ? Heard frm anywhere else ?
Hey Ash, I'm also Singapore based applicants, you think they will make admission decision based on country pool?

Back