• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Columbia MSOR 2013 Columbia MSOR status

Hello all future quants/promising financial engineers!
Despite Columbia's MSOR program is not strong enough as its MFE program, I know some of you are waiting MSOR's admission result. (I am one of them...)

If you don't mind, please share your status...

For me: no interview offered (app completed early Feb.)
..................probably rejected? :(

It looks like they just sent out results for first group of candidates, or those who got reviewed so far.
I got interview invitation email on March 3rd, and the interview dates were between 4th and 15th. I had interview on 15th, and haven't heard back yet. I saw someone from last year who had interview on the last day and got the result on the day he had an interview, so I was hoping I get the result on 15th, but I guess I have to wait.

And, it seems like people got rejection email on 15th as well. So, I'd say you don't need to worry too much. Probably your application is still under review.

Thanks for cheering! I am getting a bit anxious because I received an email, which I did not asked, that saying 'all decision will be made by end of March,' when is coming right away. and Yes, I saw some of acceptance/rejection results on trackers, but I believe you will have good results from the program.

I did my interview on March 7 but have not heard anything yet...no ad, no rej, no waitlist... pretty wierd....maybe i'm on the waitlist of the first group ......they might be waiting for others completing interviews and see if I am lucky enough...lol

Yes I got the result on the same day of the interview. Best of luck with your application, it might be under further review.

A quick question! What is the meaning of "pending" in 'track'(That andy provide in the second floor?) Does that mean that they are holding the ad and haven't decided yet?

Though all process is backed by somehow, it seems like "THE last week" of decision is coming up soon. Good luck to everyone who still are waiting for interview offer & admission decision.

Back