• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

MIT MFin 2013 MIT MFin Interview Invites (For the class Entering Summer 2013)

KTc, how long did it take MIT to get back to you with an admit/reject decision after they placed you on the waitlist?

I'm still on the waitlist ever since Round 1 decisions came out. :)

KTc, that must be annoying :(

I do not think I could survive that, haha. Hopefully they let you know as soon as March 14 rolls around.

KTc,
If I may ask, which was your second choice where you say you were admitted?

OT:
I was also rejected by MIT post interview. I have received an admit for MSF to Purdue, UT Dallas and URochester.

I wanted to run an idea by you'll:
I am thinking of reapplying next year with a good finance internship and CFA L2 pass. Do you'll think it will be enough to get an admit to (MIT MFin or UVA MS Comme or Duke MMS) or do you guys think it maybe a better option to take Purdue/Rochester/UTD?

OT:
I was also rejected by MIT post interview. I have received an admit for MSF to Purdue, UT Dallas and URochester.

I wanted to run an idea by you'll:
I am thinking of reapplying next year with a good finance internship and CFA L2 pass. Do you'll think it will be enough to get an admit to (MIT MFin or UVA MS Comme or Duke MMS) or do you guys think it maybe a better option to take Purdue/Rochester/UTD?

UVA's program is for non-business majors who are currently in undergrad. They do make some exceptions but if you have any type of work experience, they seem to want you to go the MBA route. As far as the other programs, I'm not sure if you applied there already but they still have admission dates coming up so you could still try for Duke, Vandy, Wash. U. in St. Louis if you want.

UVA's program is for non-business majors who are currently in undergrad. They do make some exceptions but if you have any type of work experience, they seem to want you to go the MBA route. As far as the other programs, I'm not sure if you applied there already but they still have admission dates coming up so you could still try for Duke, Vandy, Wash. U. in St. Louis if you want.

I do not think UVA makes exceptions. I asked their director of admissions two weeks ago, and she said "no".

I did apply to Duke, Vandy, St. Louis and UVa. Didn't get through the first three and I am waiting on the UVa result but I haven't got an interview so I think its a ding.

Out of my options Rochester, Purdue and UT Dallas I think Purdue is the best but the only thing is Krannert is not a highly regarded management school so I wont have access to a very good alumni network and this is what I am worried about. I'd rather try and get into a better university next year or the year after.

PNike, whatever you do, make sure you know why you did not get in. A bad GMAT is solvable, but a bad UG GPA is a lot harder. Good luck!

One of the major reasons is a bad UG GPA. How do I cover for this?

Wouldn't passing CFA-2 help in alleviating this?

PNike- my second choice was Cornell FE. I didn't consider any other schools. Waiting a year is a personal decision. For me, that wouldn't work. I'm not aiming for a good school name to put me through to my next career opportunity. Rather, I need to become more of an expert in certain areas in order to move some project forward. I'd just be sitting in the same place for a year. Plus I'm ready to get settled in one city and stop moving for internships/work/school.

Has anyone not received an invite from MIT yet? I am from the US and applied in round 2 and still waiting. Do I give up?

Has anyone not received an invite from MIT yet? I am from the US and applied in round 2 and still waiting. Do I give up?

Most people here have seemed to hear back so I'm not holding my breath. They were adamant that they extend interview offers up until the 15th of March but I'm not sure how serious those would be since it'd be impossible to have an in-person interview if they waited that long.

Many programs have rolling admissions. A popular program like MIT benefits from being able to compare large groups of applicants. That way they can select the best of the group.

Havent heard from MIT about an interview yet. Did anyone receive any interview calls lately? beginning to fear the worst...

Havent heard from MIT about an interview yet. Did anyone receive any interview calls lately? beginning to fear the worst...
They have a chat tonight, I'll try to attend and see what they say but I'd say it isn't good for us who haven't heard anything. I haven't seen the tracker updated recently and haven't seen anyone with interviews into March.

I havent heard anything yet as well. And I was there last week visiting all the way from Croatia. I did that since it takes a lot of time to get a visa here so i kind of tried to guess when I was going to have an interview and planned my trip... And nothing... I really thought my application was good (760 GMAT, engineering UG) bummer...

I havent heard anything yet as well. And I was there last week visiting all the way from Croatia. I did that since it takes a lot of time to get a visa here so i kind of tried to guess when I was going to have an interview and planned my trip... And nothing... I really thought my application was good (760 GMAT, engineering UG) bummer...

You flew in from Croatia just to visit? That is some dedication.

Wow..that is some dedication.
Sporthenry- Did you get a chance to chat with the admission yesterday? Could you please share if they mentioned anything about the interviews?
Thanks!

Back