• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

MIT MFin 2013 MIT MFin Interview Invites (For the class Entering Summer 2013)

Thanks Dennis.... I already tried that. I did not find any information about the reject to accept ratio .... So I was hoping someone here would be better informed.

Thanks Dennis.... I already tried that. I did not find any information about the reject to accept ratio .... So I was hoping someone here would be better informed.

http://mitsloan.mit.edu/mfin/admissions/faq-and-chat/
it says that they admit 50% of the people who were invited to an interview. Since last year it was about 1400 applications for only 125 spots, it will indicate (roughly as you mentioned) that they will give around 80 admissions for each round (since most of the schools have a 70~80% yield rate). 50% means they might have gave 160 interviews. Then I expect you can do the rest of the math yourself.

Dennis, reading your posts is about as pleasant as rubbing my cheek with sandpaper.

Dennis, reading your posts is about as pleasant as rubbing my cheek with sandpaper.

My bad. I apologize to sk_mfin and all the QN folks who have felt that my comments were unpleasant. The reason I was kind of fed up when I saw that post from sk_mfin was because it reminded of some other guys around me and online. These guys were lazy and would just always write a post requesting information, which were easily uploaded on the school's website. They wouldn't go through any simple research for the school and just depend on other people, thinking that they will do all of it for them. I understand that sk_mfin had definitely no intention of being those kind of guys.

Anyways I apologize to sk_mfin and everybody for being a jerk.
Good luck to everyone

Has anyone received the interview invitation yet? should I still hope to get one since it's already mid of Dec.

It is very annoying that only a very small minority of all MFin applicants post on any one board. Law school applicants have it much better, they have top-law-schools.com, lawschoolnumbers etc. to get an idea about their chances and immediate future. E.g, first admit call of last year happened this day, but I have no idea whether they started calling people or not this year.

My guess is that the biggest impact is the amount of people. There is a huge difference in the number of people trying to get into a Law school than into a financial engineering program.

During the online admissions chat the day before, I asked whether interviewed applicants should expect to hear anything before holidays (as last year's pattern suggests), they told me they do not plan to release any decisions before January 15th. This may indeed be the case, as they have two rounds instead of three; but its also possible they just wanted to avoid giving any extra information on that subject.

Dennis.... it is alright! I can understand the frustration. Just don't generalize the next time ;)

Anybody here get an interview call for Round 1?

Back