• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

MIT MFin 2013 MIT MFin Interview Invites (For the class Entering Summer 2013)

Wow..that is some dedication.
Sporthenry- Did you get a chance to chat with the admission yesterday? Could you please share if they mentioned anything about the interviews?
Thanks!

I did get a chance to sit in on the chat. Probably had about 100 people and 1 admission aid. She probably answered 10 questions and it was a complete mess with more than half probably asking about round 2 interviews. But I digress, she said that they are continuing to review applications and extending interviews and will do so up until the deadline. So I guess that is some hope but I haven't seen anyone update the tracker with an interview in March. Someone in the chat said a friend got an invite last week so I guess it is still possible.

I still don't think it is promising and it seems like they are done with the mass invites. Perhaps they are just reviewing individual ones and just doing a handful of interviews.

She wouldn't say anything about other stats like how many applications, interviews or how many slots were open (someone (not the admissions counselor) in the chat said they heard 75 but take that with a grain of salt). But they keep saying they are offering interviews and at this point not sure why they'd say it if it wasn't the truth because I'm sure they are getting tons of emails about it. Seems like if they were done, it would save everyone a ton of time to just say that.

Thanks for the info Sporthenry! I hope they are indeed reviewing apps and sending out interviews. I cant imagine they would send out interview calls right until the decision date. But lets hope...

You flew in from Croatia just to visit? That is some dedication.
I'm an eager traveller so I kind of planned a whole trip to Boston for a week, and I also visited Cornell in Ithaca (applied for MBA). It takes a long time to get visas here so I planned my trip ahead trying to guess when I was going to get invited for interview. And squat (at least at MIT). I had a good time so it's not going to be in vain even if I don't get in but still feels crappy...

sporthenry
It's true that it wouldn't make sense to say they were still doing interviews if they weren't, but I'm certain they're not going to admit they are done with unterviewing before the deadline. It would just cause too much complaints... So they might be leading us on... Anyway, I'm still keeping my hopes up!

do we really have to wait until 5pm EST and log in to applyyourself to see the result?

i figure you'll get a call if a scholarship... how about just a regular admit? waitlist? ding?

from the heart attack email earlier this week,

Notification of Decision
Decisions will be communicated online (through your ApplyYourself account) after 5 p.m. EST on March 14, 2013, to candidates who submitted a completed application by the January 7, 2013 deadline.

kks but if u read the earlier posts from people...they said they got calls from the admissions office and if u see the time they updated it was around 12 in the afternoon US time

kks but if u read the earlier posts from people...they said they got calls from the admissions office and if u see the time they updated it was around 12 in the afternoon US time

Yes, I saw that. I must have read every post in this thread a million times already, haha. I did not see any of them mention an e-mail like the one we got, so I assumed MIT changed their policy.

Honestly, I hope I am wrong on this one. I would love for MIT to get the decision out earlier.

Yes, I saw that. I must have read every post in this thread a million times already, haha. I did not see any of them mention an e-mail like the one we got, so I assumed MIT changed their policy.

Honestly, I hope I am wrong on this one. I would love for MIT to get the decision out earlier.

Lol...i have done that too...just to see some pattern come out of it...

Still no news and refreshing the webpage every hour.

Starting to think I didn't make it. Didn't do well in the interview anyway.

Still no news and refreshing the webpage every hour.

Starting to think I didn't make it. Didn't do well in the interview anyway.

by any chance did ur interview last only for exactly half an hour...My interviewer cut me and said thanks a lot for ur time before i cud even ask another question in exact .5 hrs

Back