• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

2014 World Cup

Any predictions for this years cup? 2010 had some JPMorgan employees predicting England as a champion (fail). No predicitons this year? What do you think?

Germany vs Brazil is one of the possible semifinals if they win their respective groups. Do you think Spain will be their rival in the finals? My money is on Brazil, but the pressure might kill them, lol.

"Football is a simple game. Twenty-two men chase a ball for 90 minutes and at the end, the Germans always win."

Gary Lineker.

Except now Loew has turned Germany into the Arsenal of international football. Pass the ball around in some pretty triangles and thrash inferior opposition, but when push comes to shove (unfortunately) this team does seem to falter.

I'm gonna be boring and go with Spain, as they could leave their first team behind and still have a very competitive squad.

Except now Loew has turned Germany into the Arsenal of international football. Pass the ball around in some pretty triangles and thrash inferior opposition, but when push comes to shove (unfortunately) this team does seem to falter.

I'm gonna be boring and go with Spain, as they could leave their first team behind and still have a very competitive squad.
Yes, they are not exciting to watch, nor are Spain, Holland.

Belgium have a good team.

I don't think Spain will go far this year. They pretty much have no competitive strikers and most of the team is old. Iniesta remains my fav player though. I would like to see Brazil or Germany win, and I would pick all of the South American teams(even Chile) as outsiders. Hopefully my country(Ivory Coast) can pass the first round this year lol

spain never really had competitive striker in this golden gen. although they r old, i still believe they can pull this one off... xavi and iniesta r so good... pum pum pum...

in 2008-2010 Torres was the man!and they also had Villa who was great.
anyways we will see who is gonna be right lol. Its only two months away. So excited

Germany-Brazil / Argentina-Spain . Semifinals.

Brazil can beat Spain very easily and Argentina too but it will be a bit harder (great offense but awful defense)

Argentina, Spain should beat Germany.

Unless any team suddenly plays well enough, this should be the outcome. Brazil-Argentina final. Neymar-Messi. Too many money around these two. Brazil will win. They have invested around 100 billions and money is the only thing that matters for the FIFA.

Argentina will win their group, then they would face the second team in France group which will be Switzerland or Ecuador. Not so hard so far. Then it would be some team like Belgium or Portugal. The road to semifinals is not that hard. Maybe Portugal, but Messi, Aguero, Higuain, Di Maria guarantee at least one goal per match. If their defense plays at least at a mediocre level they should reach semifinals.

Argentina is pretty much like the Netherlands, a bunch of great players who don't play as a team. Thats why they won't win.

sorta agree. portugal is a one-man team. the guy got pretty much no support. i wouldnt be surprised if portugal tanks in the group stage

But Ronaldo = $$$ and FIFA is all about money. Ghana would not sell much. Nobody would see Belgium vs Ghana. Unless Ronaldo breaks a leg Portugal has higher chances than Ghana and USA.

as much as it pains me, I think Brazil wins again. Argentina will make it to the semifinals.
Anyone going?

Back