• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

UCB MFE 2015 UCB MFE 4th round

i have been offered waitlist
no call... just a change of status online
@chrisxk @MyChen when have you been asked to submit the fees by? i believe some students may drop out after the first deadline for fee submission. Also, have you been asked to do the pre-program courses?
Thanks

@Baixue
i have already gone through the FAQs... thought you had some other insights on this topic.. perhaps after talking to current or former students
thanks and good luck!

Just noticed, somebody in Tracker updated the status with "guaranteed admission for 2016-17". Is this specific to UCB MFE or other schools do this as well?

Good luck everybody.

So I got "Waitlist with Guarantee" which means waitlist for this year and guaranteed place in the 2016-2017 year. I never knew this was an option, but very happy none-the-less. I'm not sure what I should say for the tracker though

Just noticed, somebody in Tracker updated the status with "guaranteed admission for 2016-17". Is this specific to UCB MFE or other schools do this as well?

Good luck everybody.
I think I am the "somebody" that was guaranteed admission for 2016-17, so anyone of you guys besides Jonoh gets the same result now?

Yeah, I was talking about your update :)

So, is it safe to assume that if those two "waitlists with guranteed place in the 2016-17" would get admitted if applied earlier (2nd, 3rd Rounds)?

By the way, how are you going to fill the gap year?

Yeah, I was talking about your update :)

So, is it safe to assume that if those two "waitlists with guranteed place in the 2016-17" would get admitted if applied earlier (2nd, 3rd Rounds)?

By the way, how are you going to fill the gap year?
i think it just means you will be admitted to the 16-17 program iif you complete their conditions. actually i'm a first-year graduate student so i don't have problem with the gap year

Got an impossible 1-month preparation list. No way I can get in this time.

Wow! It feels like they are steering you towards their Pre-MFE courses.
Did your interview go well?

Wow! Maybe they're looking at you for a 2016 start date. Have you guys who have been admitted to the program looked at the placement statistics of the Class of 2015 ?

anybody knows where to take the online graded courses? i searched on coursera and edx and found no courses about PDE and numerical analysis...

does anyone know if the waitlist with 2016-17 guarantee comes higher on the ranking order than plain waitlist?

Back