• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

UCLA MFE 2021 UCLA Interview Invite

HSB

Hey, curious to know if anyone has gotten UCLA interview invites yet? The decision deadline is March 1 according to the website, but I haven't seen much activity about UCLA applications.

My score hasn't even been verified yet, so I'm not sure what's going on.

I did mine last week, it's a pre recorded interview with 6-7 questions.
Some are behavioural and some will be on topics in math/stats/computer science/finance.
You get a decent amount of time to prepare for questions - like 30-45s for behavioural ones and 3 mins or so for any topical ones.
Also - it still shows that my GRE score is not verified on my application checklist so I'm not sure what's going on there :P

I did mine last week, it's a pre recorded interview with 6-7 questions.
Some are behavioural and some will be on topics in math/stats/computer science/finance.
You get a decent amount of time to prepare for questions - like 30-45s for behavioural ones and 3 mins or so for any topical ones.
Also - it still shows that my GRE score is not verified on my application checklist so I'm not sure what's going on there :P
Thanks for that insight! Were the topical questions difficult?
My GMAT score is not verified either, I emailed them about it and they haven't gotten back to me. I think it must be like that for everyone.

Thanks for that insight! Were the topical questions difficult?
My GMAT score is not verified either, I emailed them about it and they haven't gotten back to me. I think it must be like that for everyone.
Nope not difficult I'd say - basic, just need to know the concept.
I have a hunch that they are slightly tailored to your profile but I could be completely wrong and it could just be random.
I say this because my profile is quite skewed towards finance/econ, and I got two questions on finance, and while some of the people I talked to told me to definitely expect at least one question on math which I didn't get. Again, I could be entirely wrong here, so don't base much off that observation.

Can anyone who took the assessment answer what kind of technical questions you get? As in, are they more of a straight answer to the question type or do you have to work out a solution and then read it out? I'm really confused how a technical question can be evaluated on a video interview.

Can anyone who took the assessment answer what kind of technical questions you get? As in, are they more of a straight answer to the question type or do you have to work out a solution and then read it out? I'm really confused how a technical question can be evaluated on a video interview.
You can open the Check-in link and do the practice questions. They will give you an accurate idea of what type of technical questions you will have. You can do the practice questions without starting the assessment.

You can open the Check-in link and do the practice questions. They will give you an accurate idea of what type of technical questions you will have. You can do the practice questions without starting the assessment.
Thanks, I did not know that.

They start to release decisions today, but I didn’t get an interview invitation. Does that mean I will be rejected or deferred to round 2?

Did anybody get accepted to the UCLA program today? Or was it just the email about decision notification on a rolling basis?

Back