• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

2023 MFE Admissions Roll Call

As admission decisions start to come in, let's get a tradition going here so we can share the programs we applied to, the admits/rejects we received and the program we are ultimately joining.
Let's keep the format uniform and discussions on their separate programs threads.
>>>>>>> Please share details on each application timeline on the Tracker. <<<<

Admits
: XYZ MFin, ABC MFE, WMTS with 20K scholarship
Rejects: NNK MFE, UUB MFE, PPP MFin
Pending: TTT
Joining: XXX program

Last edited:
@ftst_modeller @johnnyb
Once you make your choice of which program you will join, please update the Tracker for the program and choose "Joining this program". This will add a start to this tracker and make it easier for you and everyone to find your incoming classmates.
Congrats and enjoy the free time you have left before the MFE journey.

Admits: Cornell MFE, UChicago FinMath 30% scholarship, Georgia Tech QCF, NYU Tandon MFE $8K Scholarship
Rejects: MIT MFin, CMU MSCF
Pending: Columbia MFE, NYU Courant Mathematics in Finance
Joining: Not Decided

Admits: Princeton MFin, Berkeley MFE, Columbia MFE, UChicago MathFin (60% scholarship)
Rejects: Oxford MCF, Harvard MS Data Science, Cambridge MPhil MLMI
Pending: Stanford MS Data Science, Imperian MathFin
Joining: No clue, leaning towards Princeton but will likely take the Stanford offer if it comes

Admits: CMU MSCF, Columbia MFE, NYU MFE
Rejects: Oxford MCF, Imperial Maths and Finance
Pending: N/A
Joining: CMU MSCF

Last edited:
Admits: NYU MFE, Columbia MFE
Rejects: UCB MFE
Pending: Stanford ICME
Joining: Not decided

Would love to hear peoples opinions/experiences. I would go to Stanford if I was accepted since I’m currently in California now. Columbia is my second preference but financing and moving across the country sounds like a lot.

Admits: Cornell MFE, UChicago FinMath (30% scholarship), NYU Tandon MFE ($4K Scholarship), UCLA MFE, MIT MFin
Rejects: Princeton MFin, CMU MSCF
Pending: Columbia MFE
Joining: MIT MFin

Last edited:
Admits: Cornell MFE, NYU Tandon MFE ($4K Scholarship)
Rejects: Princeton MFin, CMU MSCF
Pending: Columbia MFE, Stanford ICME MCF, NYU MathFin
Joining: Leaning towards Cornell MFE

Admits: Cornell MFE, NYU Courant MathFin, Chicago MSFM (30% scholarship), Imperial MathFin
Rejects: MIT MFin
Pending: Columbia MFE, Columbia MAFN
Joining: Not decided yet

Admits: Georgia Tech QCF, Columbia MFE
Rejects: MIT MFin, Princeton MFin, CMU MSCF, UCLA MFE, Cornell MFE
Pending:
Joining: Columbia MFE

Last edited:
Back