• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Chicago MSFM 2023 UChicago MSFM

For people with offers - could you please tell me the deadline by which you need to make your decision on the offers?
I applied later than usual, and I'm suspecting Chicago won't inform me of their decision until that deadline...
Or......they might postpone the decision date for the third time😅

Just before deadline.
Saw that they have a rolling admission process, whoever submitted earlier should hear back earlier as well?
I believe Meredith mentioned there is no rolling admission process (in one of my email exchanges with her). Rounds 1 and 2 are hard deadlines, and decisions are made w.r.t to the mentioned deadlines a few weeks later. To be confirmed by @Meredith !

I was told these are rolling. Thats why i applied in last week if January. As i missed Round 1 deadline. Hope for the best :)

I was told these are rolling. Thats why i applied in last week if January. As i missed Round 1 deadline. Hope for the best :)
Hello! If you applied in the last week of January, your application is considered a part of Round 2. Round 2 decisions will be released beginning in late April through early May.

Hello! If you applied in the last week of January, your application is considered a part of Round 2. Round 2 decisions will be released beginning in late April through early May.
Thank you for sharing Meredith!
Regarding your mention of late April, I was wondering if there is any chance that the decision could come earlier than the 24th?

Thank you for sharing Meredith!
Regarding your mention of late April, I was wondering if there is any chance that the decision could come earlier than the 24th?
At this time, I cannot speak with certainty on the likelihood of decision by a specific date, such as April 24.

I'm R2, nothing yet. Based on the tracker and post data from previous years/rounds I noticed most people seemed to refer to decision responses being sent pretty late on Friday and Monday nights (ex people saying they received admissions x minutes ago with the post tagged at 10pm ish).

Best of luck deepstatarb!
Thanks a lot!
I wish you the best of luck as well.

Back