• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

$50 Amazon gift card as appreciation if someone can help me figure out this model

First of all, I am new to this forum and this is not a spam. I would have put $100 or $200 in subject line instead if it were a spam.
I have spent so many hours on this model but still can't figure out how to calculate 3-Day Smoothing Distance from 30-Day Mean (Z-Score). Therefore, I decided to reach out to this community after some research on Google.

This model uses ValueLine data, which I have attached it here as well. The reason I like it because it detected last year's crash in mid Feb and had a buy signal in mid April. I want to backtest it with historical S&P 500 data, but can't figure out the logic behind it. I would give out a $50 Amazon gift card as a small appreciation for the first person who posts a solution (Prefer Excel file) here. Yes, everyone in this community can see it, I am not hiding it just for myself. As long as the outcome is within 5% range of the signals on the signal tab in my Excel file (please refer to my attachment and 2nd image), I would accept it. Thank you again! Your help is much appreciated.

2020 graph.jpg

Signal.JPG

Enjoy!

Attachments

• Valueline data.xlsx
    25.2 KB · Views: 21
Back