• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Columbia MFE about 2013 Columbia MFE Admission

Is there anyone applying for columbia MFE? Have they started to send out interview invitation already?
One of my professor just submitted his recommendation last week... Will they review my application?

Last year the first intvw. happend on 12Feb. Leave 2 weeks. So I would say they will start sending the invites from end of this month.

Anyone think the process will be pushed back 2 weeks because of the application submission deadline extension?

Somebody in the tracker has mentioned getting an interview invite for 5th Feb. Anybody else heard of anything? I know about last year, but still intrigued by early invites.

So have they started to send out interview invitations or is the Feb 5 guy screwing with us?

Got a mail asking me to schedule a Skype Interview, which according to them would last no longer than 10 minutes. There are around 5 ppl in the tracker who have updated the Interview section, so i guess they have started sending the invites! All the best to all you guys!

Got a mail asking me to schedule a Skype interview. What questions are they going to ask us? Generally, how long does the interview last? Because they have given 15 min slots and 3 people have to select the same slot.

From what I read in the forum, the questions are very generic like "Why MSFE?" "Why Columbia", "Which Colleges have you applied to and where does Columbia Rank for you".

Please correct me if I am wrong :)

P.S. It is mentioned in the mail that the interview will not last longer than 10 mins

I have also read the forum and also read that someone was asked technical questions. That's why I asked this question. Also, after the interview how much time are they going to take to make a final decision? Do they select a lot of students from the interviews?

And they have given 15 minutes slots and 3 applicants are fitted into each slot. How does that work?

And they have given 15 minutes slots and 3 applicants are fitted into each slot. How does that work?

Could you please tell why 3 applicants have to fit in thos 15 minutes?

I think people in the 3 slots will be interviewed by 3 different people so that they can squeeze in maximum number of interviews in min amount of time..

Silly question, while signing up for the skype interview, what we need to provide for- "Please indicate your home university and major. *"
Should this be Columbia MFE? or my graduation university.

Did you see any status update in the application system? What does the status look like with three green checkmarks without any phrase like completed and underreview?

Back