• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Columbia MFE about 2013 Columbia MFE Admission

Guys, any idea if we will get to know beforehand who the interviewer is going to be?

Faculty or Admission staffs?

Congratulations Saumitra, shivengupta and chetan.apa on your in interviews, I haven't received the email yet and I wasn't expecting an email until mid Feb. What dates can you choose from?

I have mentioned my time on 12th Feb. Do I have to convert this time to Indian time? I mean time slot mentioned there is according to US or according to the host country?

Just received an interview invitation, very happy :).

What kind of ques will they ask in the interview? Will it be technical or non-technical??

Look at old posts here on quantnet. From what I have read the questions (for example from last year) have been non-technical, general questions. Like "why Columbia" and so on. I have no idea if that is the case this year.

I mean time slot mentioned there is according to US or according to the host country?

New York time (95% certain)

Any idea how many interview invitations they have sent out of total applications? And how many will they select after the interviews?

Any idea how many interview invitations they have sent out of total applications?
Doing a rough calculation based on the interview slots filled... I think around 130-150 interview invites were given out... It may be possible that some other program might also conduct interviews, so it is just an estimate.

I also thought of around the same number....and any idea how many they plan to give admission to? .. How many did they give offer last year?

I also thought of around the same number....and any idea how many they plan to give admission to? .. How many did they give offer last year?
2011 thread states that they sent 110 admits for a class size of 60.

Should the interviewee add the interviewer as friend on skype in advance or on the interview day? I don't think one can call someone who is not his/her friend on skype...Please let me know if I am wrong.:)

Should the interviewee add the interviewer as friend on skype in advance or on the interview day? I don't think one can call someone who is not his/her friend on skype...Please let me know if I am wrong.:)

I will be adding them as a contact 10 mins before the interview...

Back