• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Columbia MFE about 2013 Columbia MFE Admission

Did anyone ask when they will send out the results? They said mid-Feb a month ago. But I am wondering they may have a specific date since it is very close now.

I did, they said mid-Feb. I did not push it by asking for a specific date. I would guess at the beginning of next week. They might not send all the results the same day and therefore avoid to mention a specific date (my guess). If I remember correctly, it somewhere on their site that they will release their results by February 20.

they said mid-Feb. I did not push it by asking for a specific date. I would guess at the beginning of next week. They might not send all the results the same day and therefore avoid to mention a specific date (my guess). If I remember correctly, it somewhere on their site that they will release t

So it is going to happen any day from now. Good luck everyone.

It seems that there where over 200 phone interviews this year. Are all for MFE ? Does anyone know what is the acceptance rate for this program?.

It seems that there where over 200 phone interviews this year. Are all for MFE ? Does anyone know what is the acceptance rate for this program?.
I thought around 150 interviews were given out. Not sure about the exact number.

Last year, they had given around 130 offers out of which around 70 joined (based upon some thread on this forum I had read earlier). Pls correct me if I am wrong.

My invitation email said up to 2/15. It seems that there are more interviews scheduled up until 2/20.

I called Columbia yesterday and they said the interviews are still ongoing.

(y), did you ask if they are still sending out invitations? Or they just haven't finished the interview process but invitations are all out?

I counted 'already filled' signs on the webpage and the number was 298. It seems like they are interviewing far more than they will admit this year.

Following the interview invite, the below mail was sent by the admission office:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Applicants,

Thank you to those of you who have already signed up for a timeslot to interview with IEOR Admissions. If you haven’t already, please do so as soon as possible. Please sign up for time slots before February 12 to assist us in making a timely review of your application. If you’ve scheduled a date after that, you can reschedule your interview by just changing it in the signup website. Note that there are other times available after the 12th but they are intended for applicants to other IEOR programs. The earlier you do your interview, the better.

Thank you.

IEOR Admissions
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is just for your information. So the 298 accepted may be for other programs too.

Following the interview invite, the below mail was sent by the admission office:
Dear Applicants,

Thank you to those of you who have already signed up for a timeslot to interview with IEOR Admissions. If you haven’t already, please do so as soon as possible. Please sign up for time slots before February 12 to assist us in making a timely review of your application. If you’ve scheduled a date after that, you can reschedule your interview by just changing it in the signup website. Note that there are other times available after the 12th but they are intended for applicants to other IEOR programs. The earlier you do your interview, the better.

Thank you.

IEOR Admissions

This is just for your information. So the 298 accepted may be for other programs too.

Agree. But they may want to interview more applicants after they found out the first group was actually not good enough (I guess).
By the way, I do not like the way they do interview. Everyone should have a chance to talk with those admission people ---- we paid for it, the same amount of money. It is unfair to invite some of us.

By the way, I do not like the way they do interview. Everyone should have a chance to talk with those admission people ---- we paid for it, the same amount of money. It is unfair to invite some of us.
Sorry, but i did not understand what you meant :unsure:
Do you mean to say all the applicants should be interviewed?

I don't know the feasibility of conducting 700+ interviews, so i won't speak further.

Going a bit off topic, in India there is a B-School that charges 2 application fees: One for the application and another if you are shortlisted for interview...

Dear Applicants,

Thank you.

IEOR Admissions

Maybe you're right. Thank you for the correction.

Dear Applicants,

Thank you.

IEOR Admissions

I did not receive this email. Thanks a lot.

i got this email.... and i think many of us did... since i rem some people change their int date in the trckr..

What is everyone's current status? Is there any webpage saying "pending" or "under review" or something like that? My status page simply says "application submitted" and it never changes, though I had my interview last week.

Back