• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Columbia MFE about 2013 Columbia MFE Admission

Hello guys,
I'd like to know how we get notified regarding our application ? Can we check it somewhere online (applynow.engineering.columbia.edu doesn't say anything in the application status tab) or we are notified by email ?

Thank you.

Sure, how do you do that?
I just saw ur group. It seems half of your members are already in my group. It would be great if you could just notify others to migrate over
: )
Cant find an ez way to merge

Hello guys,
I'd like to know how we get notified regarding our application ? Can we check it somewhere online (applynow.engineering.columbia.edu doesn't say anything in the application status tab) or we are notified by email ?

Thank you.

I got an email which says that we have an new tab "Offer" on the application page. Just go and check there..

Is it mandatory for us to mail our official transcripts as mentioned in the offer letter or would they notify us separately in a different mail...I have already uploaded scanned copy of my transcripts during the application process.Could you guyz help me which address the transcripts need to be mailed, if any?

Is it mandatory for us to mail our official transcripts as mentioned in the offer letter or would they notify us separately in a different mail...I have already uploaded scanned copy of my transcripts during the application process.Could you guyz help me which address the transcripts need to be mailed, if any?

I think you need to mail your final transcript, containing all your exam results (i.e. after finals are released), for the university's records (before term starts).

There are more details in their portal, I would go check it out if I were you. They definitely want it though, and it's definitely not urgent.

Send your transcripts to the below address,

Provisional Status
Office of Graduate Student Affairs
Columbia Engineering
500 West 120th Street, MC 4708
254 Engineering Terrace
New York, NY 10027

I got this address while filling out the survey after paying the deposit...

Provisional Status
Columbia Engineering
254 Engineering Terrace
New York, NY 10027

Hi, did you try to click the survey link again in the offer session of your account after filling out the survey? I finished the survey several days ago and clicked it again today, and the survey poped out again instead of a message like "thank you, you have completed the survey." Do you have the same problem? Thanks!

Provisional Status
Columbia Engineering
254 Engineering Terrace
New York, NY 10027

Also, how many emails (roughly speaking) have you received from the SEAS or IEOR office? I just got some regarding to the open house and another one for housing application.

@Lele Yes it seems you can fill out the survey many times:) The system is not designed in the way it should have been. That shouldn't be a prob, our filled survey should have reached the Admission office.

I got bunch of mails from IEOR office, but doesn't have any important info in them to share. It was all congrats mail and Open House mails.

Hey guys, I had my interview for the MSFE program in late February and seems like the admission had been sent out on the 5th. Just wondering whether that means the rest is wait listed? what are the chances of getting accepted after being put on the WL?

mkogan Hey, I started a group too with a dozen people in it. I think it would much more convenient if we could merge the group. Plz let me know what you think.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/ColumbiaMFE2013/

Hi Jay I was also accepted to MFE at Columbia and I am trying to get into the facebook group. I already clicked on "join group" in the following link
http://www.facebook.com/groups/446234552116763/?ref=ts&fref=ts
and I am waiting for acceptance. Thank you very much.

Back