• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

About Certification

Hi

Although there might be similar question about Certification, could you let me know followings?

(1) If the normal Certificate of Completion is equivalent to grade B?
I am asking because my university requires me to take more than B for C++ course.

(2 )Also could you let me know how much the grade of homework and the final test affect the final grade?
I appreciate if you tell me the percentage of each.

(3) Finally what kind of questions are asked in the final test? They are similar to quizzes? or we also need to create some codes?

Thanks,

Hi

Although there might be similar question about Certification, could you let me know followings?

(1) If the normal Certificate of Completion is equivalent to grade B?
I am asking because my university requires me to take more than B for C++ course.

(2 )Also could you let me know how much the grade of homework and the final test affect the final grade?
I appreciate if you tell me the percentage of each.

(3) Finally what kind of questions are asked in the final test? They are similar to quizzes? or we also need to create some codes?

Thanks,
1) That depends on the grading scale of the university. The requirement in this certificate is to achieve a grade >= 70% which translates to a C or C- in the American system. Usually B means 83% - 88%. Thus if you obtain a grade > 85% you should be fine, but a bit less than that would also be ok, I think. Ask your professors what they expect to be sure.

2) I think it's 75% homework, 25% final exam, and up to 5% extra credit if you actively participate in the forum.

3) Once you pass the quiz of level 9 and submit the level 9 homework, you will receive an email from you TA explaining every detail for the final. You will also have access to level 10's forum which contains information about the final exam, review strategies and suggestion from older students. You won't have to build a program from scratch, but to mainly run your code from level 9 and answer code-related questions, i.e. find the bug, will this snipped compile etc. There will not be any "gotcha" questions. If you know your stuff at a decent level, you can ace it.

Thanks! I've got it!

For 2), I need to participate actively in the forum not just check it to obtain full score, right?
Yep. You need to post questions or guide other students, if you know the answer -- be careful, you should not give away the solution.
By only looking at the forum, we are not aware of your presence ;) Show us you care and you are active.

Thanks.
Also, can I take a final exam on the weekend?
The exam time will be arranged offline with your TA, once you've submitted all nine levels. We generally try to accommodate the individual availability of each student (I.e. Weekends if necessary).

I've got it, thanks.
As I have only 12 days and my university requires me to give final grade by 10th Aug to offer official admission.
Therefore, I will try my best to submit Level 9 HW asap.

Thanks,

1) That depends on the grading scale of the university. The requirement in this certificate is to achieve a grade >= 70% which translates to a C or C- in the American system. Usually B means 83% - 88%. Thus if you obtain a grade > 85% you should be fine, but a bit less than that would also be ok, I think. Ask your professors what they expect to be sure.

2) I think it's 75% homework, 25% final exam, and up to 5% extra credit if you actively participate in the forum.

3) Once you pass the quiz of level 9 and submit the level 9 homework, you will receive an email from you TA explaining every detail for the final. You will also have access to level 10's forum which contains information about the final exam, review strategies and suggestion from older students. You won't have to build a program from scratch, but to mainly run your code from level 9 and answer code-related questions, i.e. find the bug, will this snipped compile etc. There will not be any "gotcha" questions. If you know your stuff at a decent level, you can ace it.

Hi Pavlos,

quick question about this, so there will only be 3 category after the completion of the courses, 1) not finished, 2) certified, 3) distinction, is that right?

and the certified and distinction requires a final score of 70 and 90, correct? I couldn't find the score needed for distinction.

Thanks

Back