• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

about download visual studio on Macbook

@APalley I read some threads in this forum that sooner or later people will resort to a laptop.

What if I use Parallel on my Macbook? Will the problem still exist?

@APalley I read some threads in this forum that sooner or later people will resort to a laptop.
What if I use Parallel on my Macbook? Will the problem still exist?

Yeah, that should be fine!
I know there are a number of ways to install Windows on a Mac but the way I did it was I used VirtualBox to install Windows and run visual studio. It worked perfectly for completing this course!

Make sure you get Windows Excel. You can run it on parallels also. You will need it in the last level.

Just to add to this - if you're doing it this way, I'm guessing Windows won't be your main OS on your laptop so if you don't want to invest in Excel for Windows, I would suggest waiting until you get to Level 9 and then downloading the free trial from the Microsoft website - it worked for me! (But it only lasts 1 month so make sure not to start the trial too early :) )

Back