• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

about online application status

Urgent: about online application status

The online system has not updated since april 20. My status has been for "wait" since that time. Nelisa told me that they are awaiting the arrival of my GRE score. Once received, they will be able to fully evaluate my application, and I should have an answer by Monday 30th April, 2007. But I havn't got any feedback till today. My GRE Score was sent out by ETS on April 24 and should reach Baruch now. When will the system be updated?
Thanks

All online recruitment systems are poor, some of them are so bad they are quite funny.
Before becoming a headhunter, I had a proper job, and once applied to JP Morgan, but somehow they felt that they could survive without me :(
I lived through this trauma, but for ages afterwards, even when I had become a HH, I got bizarre emails of the form:

"We are considering you for the job of head of Italian Equities IT"
Then a few weeks later
"Sorry you didn't get that"
Then
"We are considering you as <Trader in Japanese bonds>"
Yep, you guessed, I didn't get that either.

Actually I'm not sure it has stopped yet, but after a while my old email forwarding was ended.

Another bank had a system written in VBScript. I know this because it kept crashing and asking me if I wanted to debug it...

But even though I'm a HH, and direct applications mean I can't feed my children, I do have to say that you should put up with tragically bad systems because if you don't apply you have zero chance at some jobs.

My status changed from "Wait" to "Imcomplete", does that mean my documents are not complete?

Give the Admission a call to confirm if they receive your GRE score. Do not trust that ETS did what it's supposed to do. It took me couple of calls to ETS to order the score and almost 2 weeks to get to Baruch. Once Baruch received all my paper, they mailed me a letter saying everything is complete.
When Baruch receives it, they will update your status.

Thanks, Andy. Seems you sleep late tonight.
My card showed that ETS process my request on April 24. I got a copy from ETS several days ago. So Baruch should also receive it now.
Anyway, I will call them tommorrow to confim it.

I ever sent emails to Cathy Levkulic and Nelisa about it, but I received no reply. I also called Cathy several times, but no one answered. I really worry about my situation. If my case is rejected just due to my official GRE problem, I can not understand and accept it.

If my case is rejected just due to my official GRE problem, I can not understand and accept it.
I would not understand and accept it either :)
I can say with certainty that they will accept/reject on the basis of merits, qualification only. Since they already have a copy of your GRE, then don't worry about it. The decision will come down on how the admission committee thinks of you as a good fit for the program.

Back