• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Columbia MAFN Admissions for the year 2012-2013

Hi guys, it's that time of the year again

A friend of mine was admitted last week, so i wanted to know if you had any news from the program, because honestly waiting is killing me

I applied in october, no reply till now, so i guess it's a rejection...

Applied in November, wrote letter to them - the results will come in April

got the same reply from ad office, u think we should call the fin maths program directly?
I got an offer fr LSE that I'd like to accept already

Since waiting was killing me softly, I wrote them an email to know if something was up, here is what they responded:
"The department has not yet made a decision on your application. We will notify you via email when the decision is made, but that may not occur until the end of April."

So, i guess, waiting is not over yet...

same e-mail, i'll interpret it as "you are not our preferred candidate, it's a maybe, so please kindly wait for remaining space"

I have heard a hypothese that for most programs if someone is not admitted before the 15-th of April, he/she is actually waitlisted

same e-mail, i'll interpret it as "you are not our preferred candidate, it's a maybe, so please kindly wait for remaining space"

I've been thinking about the same thing, that's sucks....
I took a look at the trackers, some only had to wait 2 weeks :(

I'm deciding between LSE & Columbia, asked abt job placement rate to both, Columbia didnt sound very optimistic while LSE sounded very optimistic. (but both did not give exact figures, just qualitative statements).

As you seem to be European, you may want to work in London and LSE would be better for this reason. I think both are very good but their reputation are not the same depending countries.

Well it's the "short" wait list for me ?
I'm kinda disappointed, .... did you guys got an answer ?

btw, Is the "short" wait list, is really short, or they just say that to keep me hanging ?

Well it's the "short" wait list for me ?
I'm kinda disappointed, .... did you guys got an answer ?

btw, Is the "short" wait list, is really short, or they just say that to keep me hanging ?

hey!I also got the same thing. May I know that the link they gave you to accept the waiting list is correct? For my the link is for accepting the admission offer.
Thank you.

Hey guys,

Any news from this program? I have got WL in the early April. Anyone knows the chance to be admitted after WL?

Thx.

Same situation here, and so far nothing new. I actually don't even know when we'll be noticed about a possible new offer. Besides, judging by the number of people who are on the WL, it does not seem that "short" ...

If someone has any news, plz let us know

Back