• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Columbia MAFN Admissions for the year 2012-2013

hey guys any idea by what time are all the decisions out. I am having a very hard time waiting for them to reply since I am very skeptical about getting a visa this late. can anyone please help me. I had submitted my application on the 4th of May.

any idea what is maximum time frame for replying. I applied early May. What are the chances of being selected this late?

Hi guys,
Professor Smirnov told me that he has recommanded for admission, do you know what does it mean? I'm pretty worried as some of my friends from my school who are also in contact with columbia for the admission process at the MAFN got a phone or skype interview with him.

thanks,

jean paul

Hi guys,
Professor Smirnov told me that he has recommanded for admission, do you know what does it mean? I'm pretty worried as some of my friends from my school who are also in contact with columbia for the admission process at the MAFN got a phone or skype interview with him.

thanks,

jean paul
It means that you are admitted with a probability (1-e), where e is infinitesimal;) You should be waiting for the GSAS dean approval (by the way who has nothing to do with mathematics- specialized in Romance Languages). In my case, I received my official adm. letter signed by the Dean couple of hours after Pr. Smirnov emailed me saying that he has recommended me for adm.
So, congrats man!

Thanks dude this actually cheers me up a bit, I hope you're right! just to know, can you tell me when you received the email from Mr Smirnov?

Thanks dude this actually cheers me up a bit, I hope you're right! just to know, can you tell me when you received the email from Mr Smirnov?

I can confirm you that in my case the official email arrived some days later the Smirnov's one.

Hi..

I got an admit from Columbia MAFN and NYU-Poly...though I do believe that Columbia is a more prestigious brand name...lack of career services at Columbia is making me think twice before accepting my MAFN offer...on the other hand NYU-Poly has a big class size...which I think would be a disadvantage...But I have heard you have full access to the NYU career services there. So I am a little confused. I have accept my MAFN offer by June 25th.

Please suggest.

My Background: Engineer from Indian Institute of Tech - Delhi..Working for Last 3 years..FRM -L1.

Thanks

But I have heard you have full access to the NYU career services there.
It should be noted that NYU-Poly students can only get access to Wasserman which is general career services center available to all NYU students.
They do NOT get access to career services that available to the NYU MSFM students. This won't change in the future.

Ohh...Okay.

Thanks Andy. So Columbia is better choice in your opinion? I am personally inclined towards it. Just a little skeptical due the market situation and the reviews of the career services at MAFN.

It means that you are admitted with a probability (1-e), where e is infinitesimal;) You should be waiting for the GSAS dean approval (by the way who has nothing to do with mathematics- specialized in Romance Languages). In my case, I received my official adm. letter signed by the Dean couple of hours after Pr. Smirnov emailed me saying that he has recommended me for adm.
So, congrats man!

Matt Andrew said:
I can confirm you that in my case the official email arrived some days later the Smirnov's one.

I have been admitted! thanks dudes!! see you soon.^^

Hey guys, this might be a little off topic but I was wondering whether anyone had applied for housing with the University. I have applied in April but haven't got anything from them yet.

Thanks!

Is there a group on facebook we can join to get to know each other ?

Back