• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Chicago MSFM Admissions into Chicago MSMF

According to the tracker, several people have received acceptance emails from Uchicago MSMF. What does this mean for those who didn't get emails? Did anyone get rejection emails?

As I know, a few of people got rejection emails, but I still got nothing.

I'm guessing these are people you know personally? Because only acceptances have shown up on the tracker...Anyway, guess we just have to keep waiting. I hope they send another wave of acceptances soon.

Also, noticed a lot of the acceptances are from mainland China/Singapore. If you guys care to share, did you get acceptances into the program in Chicago? or Singapore?

Last year there were a large number of students from China and Singapore in the Chicago program. I guess there might be a similar situation this year.

I emailed and they said more decisions will be made in the next couple weeks. I haven't received anything either....

The application for the singapore prog is still open - result only out on 15 july. I got accepted into the chicago prog. It seems to me that there are many negative reviews abt the Chicago MSFM program. Any views? I'm still deciding whether to accept the offer.

man im really disappointed with the review of Chicago MSFM program. I mean it's supposed to be one of the best but according to recent graduates and to the events happening in the department it seems it's on the decline. Now that I removed it from my top options, my options are getting limited. I also believe they are aware of this problem and they are giving more acceptances this year because they know the registered/admitted rate will probably be very low!
Andy, is there a way to know through the tracker who will and who won't accept the offer!?
Thanks

man im really disappointed with the review of Chicago MSFM program. I mean it's supposed to be one of the best but according to recent graduates and to the events happening in the department it seems it's on the decline. Now that I removed it from my top options, my options are getting limited. I also believe they are aware of this problem and they are giving more acceptances this year because they know the registered/admitted rate will probably be very low!
Andy, is there a way to know through the tracker who will and who won't accept the offer!?
Thanks
Everywhere you have those 3-4 miserable students. You never know. I think you should email a bunch of current students and recent graduates.

Back