• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

MIT MFin Admitted to for Class 2014

I am posting this thread to get to know those admitted, and how will be class mates during the following year.
My name is Francisco, and I am from Argentina. (yes, like the Pope)

Who is attending the april Admit Reception at Cambridge?

Hi Francisco...Sameer here from India unlike the pope ;) ..i think im not attending the session...mostly be joining in july directly

I'm not admitted. Could you please share your profiles a little bit (undergrad, work experience, GMAT,anything..)? Just wanna have a rough understanding of MIT standards. Thank you guys in advance.

Hi Sameer and Juan Pablo. I'm also not attending the session, to little time in advance to plan it.
Kevin, my tracker is updated with all my relevant data. Any question send me a private message.

Hi kevin...undergrad...engineering in information technology gpa of 4.0, interned for a firm during undergrad for developing AI systems for trading optimizations, insurance...gmat of 720
Work exp of 3.8 yrs fulltime in private banking...post graduation in marketing mgmt and cfa L2 candidate
On the extracurriculars front i was a showstopper for a few fashion shows in college, been a part of 5 ventures, karate brown belt, made presentations about e-commerce BI and strategy to some firms in Asia and Germany...i think thats all that i covered in my applications

Hi kevin...undergrad...engineering in information technology gpa of 4.0, interned for a firm during undergrad for developing AI systems for trading optimizations, insurance...gmat of 720
Work exp of 3.8 yrs fulltime in private banking...post graduation in marketing mgmt and cfa L2 candidate
On the extracurriculars front i was a showstopper for a few fashion shows in college, been a part of 5 ventures, karate brown belt, made presentations about e-commerce BI and strategy to some firms in Asia and Germany...i think thats all that i covered in my applications

sounds impressive... now I see why I was Wled =]

Hi Kevin,
My undergrad is in applied mathematics (3.63 gpa approx. graduated with honors), worked 1.5 years in an information technology consulting firm (part time), 2 years in the central bank of Mexico (2 publications and 1 paper in preparation), part time professor of Advanced Algebra and Applied Mathematics to Economics (at my undergraduate institution), won the Financial Markets Award and the National Award of the Mexican Stock Exchange (for my bachelor's thesis), attended several conferences and workshops representing the central bank (domestic and international). Certificates: earned the International Baccalaureate Diploma (IB Diploma) and became Certificate Associate in Project Management (CAPM) from the Project Management Institute (PMI). Extracurricular: Improvemente lessons for people of scarce resources (Division Director), Account manager at AIESEC, and General Director of a program focused in granting scholarships for people with scarce resources though high academic achievements. Additional info: snow skiing, jogging (10k and 15k) and member of the Civil Defense Brigade at the central bank . O.K. GRE scores (Q: 162, V: 154, A: 4.5)

Californication. Thank you for your informative reply. Your extracurricular,Int'l exposure as well as UG experience is very impressive and I think that's what differentiate you from others. Really big diversity on you. I see why I got denied...

hey guys. I'll be attending in April. too bad you won't be able to make it, but I look forward to meeting you all this summer!

hi all

haven't been on here in a while. admitted off waitlist.

look forward to meeting everyone in a few months

Back