Advanced C++11/C++14 Online Certificate Students' intro thread

Francis Chan

C++ Student
Let Me Be The First!

Hi all, I am Francis, an incoming student of the Baruch MFE program for Fall 2016!

Objective: This is required for us incoming Baruch MFE students. And I am happy to refresh my C++ knowledge and advance to a higher stage.

Programming Experience: I am proficient in C/C++, Python, Matlab, SAS, etc.

Current Status: Graduated; incoming MFE student.

Intended pace: I will try to finish it during this summer.

Jiaxi Wang

Hello everyone, I am Jessie, also a student of the Baruch MFE program for Fall 2016.

Objective: Actually, this is a required class for me. I take it as a great opportunity for me to refresh all my cpp knowledge.

Programming Experience: C++, Matlab, R, STATA.

Current Status: Undergraduate, math major

Intended pace: finish before September.

Jimo Zhang

Hi everybody, I am Jimo, incoming part time Baruch MFE student in 2016.

Objective:
This is a required class for me. I wish to deepen my understanding of C++ 11 and 14.

Programming Experience: C++, Python, Matlab.

Current Status: employee at BAML, math graduate from Columbia.

Intended pace: complete before September.

Pavlos Sakoglou

C++ Student
Hi all, I am Pavlos ~ excited to learn, and improve my programming knowledge!

Objective: A step closer to software engineering skills.

Programming Experience: C/C++, R, Matlab.

Current Status: MSc Mathematics student, volunteer TA in the C++ course.

Intended pace: complete the course before the end of the summer.

Cheers!

Jason Stevens

C++ Student
Hello everyone, I'm Jason. I'm an incoming full-time UChicago FinMath student this fall and am working on an automated system to apply the strategies I use for current clients of my firm.

Objective: enhance c++ specific and general development skills for upcoming placement exams and current work

Programming Experience: C/C++, Python, Mathematica

Intended pace: complete by september 1st

xinluxiao

Hi everyone, I am Xinlu, an incoming student of the 2016 Fall Baruch MFE program.

Objective: This is a required class for me. I believe it is also a rewarding course for me to strengthen my c++ skills.

Programming Experience: C++, Python, R, MATLAB, Eviews.

Current Status: Undergraduate, major in finance

Intended pace: I will try to finish before October.

kimluo

Hello everyone, I feel really excited to take this online course.

Objective:
I am taking this course as a requirement for early admission to Baruch MFE program, and also I am looking forward to sharpening my programming skill in C++ as a preparation for my future career.

Programming Exp.: Matlab, Python,R, with Matlab frequently used during internships
Current Work: A final year student in School of Physics, Peking University.

Intended pace: I hope to get the certificate before June.

Andrew Previc

Hello, my name is Andrew and I am an incoming full-time Baruch MFE student beginning in the Fall of 2017.

Objective:
I wish to improve my programming abilities and deepen my understanding of C++ 11 and 14.

Programming Experience: some C++ and R

Intended pace: I work-full time, but intend to complete this course as soon as I possibly can.

Shuang Zhang

Hello, I'm Selena, an incoming full-time Baruch MFE student in 2017 Fall! Excited to take this course and meet everyone :)

Objective:
Improve my programming skillsets and get prepared for the graduate study.

Programming Experience: C/C++, Python, MATLAB, R

Intended pace: I intend to complete this course before the end of summer vacation.

Chapin Day

C++ Student
Hi -- I'm Chapin, incoming full-time Baruch MFE, Fall '17.

No real programming experience, and I'm hoping to finish the course this summer.

delpacho

Hi, I am Francois, I am a Vol Arb Quant trader, I run a fully systematic book of options across markets in a prop/market making firm in London.

Objective: Improve software engineering skills.

Programming Experience: C/C++, C#, Java, R, Matlab, Python

Current Status: Research master McGill (statistics, signal processing), MFE Cornell, 7 years of experience as a quant strategist and trader.

Intended pace: complete the course before the end of the year.

Bkovalick

C++ Student
Hi, my name is Ben Kovalick. I currently work in an insurance firm with a focus on hedging through the use of complex derivatives.

Objective: Enhance general software engineering skills.

Programming Experience: C++, VBA, Scala, R

Intended Pace: Complete by year end.

EliC

C++ Student
Hello! My name is Eli and I work as a senior software engineer for a financial research company in Jersey City (but I live in Brooklyn).

Objective: Learn enough about advanced programming in C++ to break into finance or AI

Programming Experience: Python, Java, C#, R, C++, VBA

Intended Pace: Try not to have this course eat into too much of my summer!

Tianchan

C++ Student
Hi, My name is Tianchan Xu. I got the online C++ for FE certificate last November. I like the course very much and learned a lot from Dr. Duffy and my TA -- APalley. Now, I am eager to learn more about C++ and want to well prepared for my future study in FE. So here I am.

Objective: improving my C++ skill

Programming experience: C++, Python, R

Intended Pace: Hopefully I can be certified within 3 months