• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Advanced C++ and Modern Design Online Certificate Students' intro thread

Let Me Be The First!

Hi all, I am Francis, an incoming student of the Baruch MFE program for Fall 2016!

Objective: This is required for us incoming Baruch MFE students. And I am happy to refresh my C++ knowledge and advance to a higher stage.

Programming Experience: I am proficient in C/C++, Python, Matlab, SAS, etc.

Current Status: Graduated; incoming MFE student.

Intended pace: I will try to finish it during this summer.

Hello everyone, I am Jessie, also a student of the Baruch MFE program for Fall 2016.

Objective: Actually, this is a required class for me. I take it as a great opportunity for me to refresh all my cpp knowledge.

Programming Experience: C++, Matlab, R, STATA.

Current Status: Undergraduate, math major

Intended pace: finish before September.

Hi everybody, I am Jimo, incoming part time Baruch MFE student in 2016.

Objective:
This is a required class for me. I wish to deepen my understanding of C++ 11 and 14.

Programming Experience: C++, Python, Matlab.

Current Status: employee at BAML, math graduate from Columbia.

Intended pace: complete before September.

Hi all, I am Pavlos ~ excited to learn, and improve my programming knowledge!

Objective: A step closer to software engineering skills.

Programming Experience: C/C++, R, Matlab.

Current Status: MSc Mathematics student, volunteer TA in the C++ course.

Intended pace: complete the course before the end of the summer.

Cheers!

Hello everyone, I'm Jason. I'm an incoming full-time UChicago FinMath student this fall and am working on an automated system to apply the strategies I use for current clients of my firm.

Objective: enhance c++ specific and general development skills for upcoming placement exams and current work

Programming Experience: C/C++, Python, Mathematica

Intended pace: complete by september 1st

Hi everyone, I am Xinlu, an incoming student of the 2016 Fall Baruch MFE program.

Objective: This is a required class for me. I believe it is also a rewarding course for me to strengthen my c++ skills.

Programming Experience: C++, Python, R, MATLAB, Eviews.

Current Status: Undergraduate, major in finance

Intended pace: I will try to finish before October.

Hello everyone, I feel really excited to take this online course.

Objective:
I am taking this course as a requirement for early admission to Baruch MFE program, and also I am looking forward to sharpening my programming skill in C++ as a preparation for my future career.

Programming Exp.: Matlab, Python,R, with Matlab frequently used during internships
Current Work: A final year student in School of Physics, Peking University.

Intended pace: I hope to get the certificate before June.

Hello, my name is Andrew and I am an incoming full-time Baruch MFE student beginning in the Fall of 2017.

Objective:
I wish to improve my programming abilities and deepen my understanding of C++ 11 and 14.

Programming Experience: some C++ and R

Intended pace: I work-full time, but intend to complete this course as soon as I possibly can.

Hello, I'm Selena, an incoming full-time Baruch MFE student in 2017 Fall! Excited to take this course and meet everyone :)

Objective:
Improve my programming skillsets and get prepared for the graduate study.

Programming Experience: C/C++, Python, MATLAB, R

Intended pace: I intend to complete this course before the end of summer vacation.

Hi, I am Francois, I am a Vol Arb Quant trader, I run a fully systematic book of options across markets in a prop/market making firm in London.

Objective: Improve software engineering skills.

Programming Experience: C/C++, C#, Java, R, Matlab, Python

Current Status: Research master McGill (statistics, signal processing), MFE Cornell, 7 years of experience as a quant strategist and trader.

Intended pace: complete the course before the end of the year.

Hello! My name is Eli and I work as a senior software engineer for a financial research company in Jersey City (but I live in Brooklyn).

Objective: Learn enough about advanced programming in C++ to break into finance or AI

Programming Experience: Python, Java, C#, R, C++, VBA

Intended Pace: Try not to have this course eat into too much of my summer!

Hi, My name is Tianchan Xu. I got the online C++ for FE certificate last November. I like the course very much and learned a lot from Dr. Duffy and my TA -- APalley. Now, I am eager to learn more about C++ and want to well prepared for my future study in FE. So here I am.

Objective: improving my C++ skill

Programming experience: C++, Python, R

Intended Pace: Hopefully I can be certified within 3 months

Back