• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

another free spreadsheet download

Thank you guys for sharing these. Excel/VBA comes in handy everyday at work for me...

Very solid page, Pat.
i downloaded the spreadsheet from this page and it could have saved so much time from my courses the last 2 semesters. it has all the monte-carlo, option pricing, binary tree, etc done in VBA. Excellent source.

HOLY SH*T!!!

OP, wow. that woulda saved me a TON of time a year and half ago. i don't know enough VBA to ever write something like that myself but it is teaching me just some basics that i think i can now put to use....at the very least how to enter inputs with that neat little box and simulate a string of random numbers.

i read that book and used it in class and was impressed with kerry back ... didn't realize he did that much excel work online for free.

ty for that link.

Barron

Barron,
Knowing VBA well will exponentially increase your employability (and salary). Excel and VBA go hand in hand. Maybe you can make it your New Year resolution ;)

I have a few good VBA books recommended in this list Master list of useful Quantitative Finance books - QuantNetwork - Financial Engineering Forum

I have that thick Walkenbach book on my desk at work.

just bought it. i'll add VBA to my new years resolution list...which brings the total to 2.

first one though is just to do everything possible to heal my foot and get back skiing this season.

i think VBA is hugely necessary though and i'm glad i found this forum for the push to get going on it.

it doesn't look all that difficult from the simulation code from that spreadsheet above...but i'm sure it is way harder as complexity increases. i should also learn how to get matlab to communicate with yahoo (as in that code i downloaded), but as of right now i haven't even tested that.

thanks again,
Barron

Back