• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

any one have TOP 50 Universities list...?

crazyraj

In Pursuit of Excellence
Hi

anyone have the list of top 50 universities for FE in US....?

There is no 'official' and objective ranking of the various FE/MF programs. But if do you some research, you should be able to discern the good ones from the not so good ones.

I'm not sure if there are 50 universities that offer FE in the united states.

I'm not sure if there are 50 universities that offer FE in the united states.

In 2000 I counted 7. Today I think 50 sounds right (but it could be 40 or even 100). As is clear, the overwhelming majority are new and obviously designed to cash in on the bonanza of the last few years. Many of them have faculty who don't know the subject themselves and couldn't obtain quant employment even for themselves. These schools are in reality merely degree mills, offering a meretricious piece of paper for hard cash ($40,000+). I expect the majority to quietly close their doors in the next few years. A prospective student should look at about half a dozen of the leading FE schools: Baruch, Haas, CMU, Princeton, maybe one or two others, and ignore the rest.

thanks guys for your views...but even if i want to apply with a Gre score of 1210 with 760Q...which universities accepts students with these scores....

thanks guys for your views...but even if i want to apply with a Gre score of 1210 with 760Q...which universities accepts students with these scores....

I'm not sure whats going on now, cause of the markets, but last year even 800 wasn't enough for most of the schools.
If you really want to study FE do the GRE again, and if you cant score 800 I'm not sure if its the right field for you.

That is really crappy advice to advise someone not to pursue quantitative finance if they don't have an 800 on their Q GRE.

Back