• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

NYU Tandon MFE Any Round-1 NYU Tandon MFE applicant still waiting for their result?

Hi, I just wonder if there are still R-1 applicants (submitted by Dec.15th) waiting for their results. It seems that Tandon has sent out many admissions. (I guess most of the admission have being sent for R1 according to the great number of tracker in some Chinese forums), but I haven't received any descions from them. Does it means that I got silent rejection or I am on the waiting list. I know some of the well-qualified applicants are in the same situtations so I am not sure about what does it mean.

Hi, I just wonder if there are still R-1 applicants (submitted by Dec.15th) waiting for their results. It seems that Tandon has sent out many admissions. (I guess most of the admission have being sent for R1 according to the great number of tracker in some Chinese forums), but I haven't received any descions from them. Does it means that I got silent rejection or I am on the waiting list. I know some of the well-qualified applicants are in the same situtations so I am not sure about what does it mean.
I am curious about that too. If you don't mind, could you let me know what that Chinese online forums might be?

I am curious about that too. If you don't mind, could you let me know what that Chinese online forums might be?

一亩三分地-美国加拿大留学申请|工作就业|英语考试|学习生活信噪比最高的网站 It is a forum purely in Chinese so I am not sure if you can understand it. I have seen around 20 admissions there so I assume that majority of decsions should have been made.

By the way, did you receive any decsion from Tandon?Would you mind tell me how much chance do you think you have to be admitted by Tandon?

I'm not sure if it is on a school by school basis. All of my friends from my college got their results in pretty much the same day.

No. I have not received decision yet. There were some technical issues with my submission so I am guessing my application would have been considered later than others. I cannot say for sure how much chance of admission that one has, but let's hope for the best(y)

Seems like there were a lot of ppl who got waitlist so im not sure if the waitlist holds any value

I applied in early December and got in at the end of January. Final round of applications closes this saturday so maybe they are waiting to see what their final candidate pool looks like before admitting other candidates

Looks like the number of people waitlisted has skyrocketed this year possibly due to a large number of applications.
is there any value being put on a waitlist or is it the same as a reject because according to current scenario its unlikely that those many people will choose not to pay the deposit and there are so many people on the waitlist

We have such a large number of round 1 applications that the requirement to electronically scan applications has slowed our ability to process them. So please do not interpret the lack of any formal response in a negative light.

Hi Professor Carr, Nice to meet you. It seems that a lot of people received their decisions later than Feb 1st got waitlist eventually. I don't know if the time of application been reviewed will affact the chance of admission. And I personally assumes that these people are unlucky because they would have been admitted if their application are reviewed in the middle of Jan.

I wonder if this will be impolite but would you mind telling me what kind of order those applications are reviewed? I can't appreciate more if you can provides some hints to us as it can help future applicants.

It seems that NYU MSFE has made a great success in getting the smartest students and helping them success. Congratulations for your great achievement as the program director. And I hope I can be lucky enough to join your program.

Thank you for your questions Chibal and Song Han. The admissions team is working very hard. I don't personally handle admissions so I can't answer detailed questions. I can say that in previous years there have been a large number of offers of admission from the waiting list and in other years few or none. We have two rounds with the 2nd round deadline tomorrow. We give preference to first round, but the admissions team has to wait and see 2nd round before finalizing. You were wise to apply first round.

@Peter Carr
Hi Prof Carr,
As the deadline for the second round is past now, Does the adcom wait until they review and roll out results to all applicants in the second round before considering the waitlisted candidates?
or does it give admits/rejects to waitlisted candidates before the second round applicants because the first deadline happens to be a priority deadline?

Last edited:
@P. Carr
Hi Professor Carr, I'd applied in the first round itself but due to some reasons, there was a delay in the processing of the documents (almost a month). Do you have any idea whether the application will be considered in the first round or not?

If anyone has any clue about the same, could you please let me know. It will be a big help.

Thanks in advance.

@Peter Carr
Hi prof,
I have noticed that even second round applicants received their decisions yesterday.
But people put on waitlist after round 1 did not recieve any decision yet, As the first round is a priority round should people who applied in first round get their decisions first.

can you please provide a rough timeline by when the waitlisted candidates will receive their decisions?

Back