• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Cornell FE Anybody still waiting for Cornell FE? No news yet

I have been admitted by Cornell. However, I saw someone who was admitted a few days ago who also had an interview. This person is listed as anonymous on the tracker. I was wondering what kind of interview this person received.

Oh, Congrat! I heard it is a non-technical interview. Have you received the interview by CMU?

Cornell still sending out acceptances. Someone got accepted today (check tracker), unless the acceptance came before.
Anyone else?

Indeed, I received an Email saying I am waitlisted... What's the chance of getting-in based on the history? Also, finger-crossed for all of those getting waitlisted...

Indeed, I received an Email saying I am waitlisted... What's the chance of getting-in based on the history? Also, finger-crossed for all of those getting waitlisted...

Mail them an essay saying that you are willing to choose them and blah blah. It can only help.

Mail them an essay saying that you are willing to choose them and blah blah. It can only help.
does mail them an essay trick always help.or is it specifically for cornell?.just curious as I am waitlisted for MAFN

does mail them an essay trick always help.or is it specifically for cornell?.just curious as I am waitlisted for MAFN
Don't really know. What I can tell you for sure that it is not going to hurt you ;)
You should try.

i havent received a reject or admit or waitlist yet....the last email i received was a mass email telling the applicants to wait patiently for results .

roni, whom should we mail the essays to? Kathryn?
I think I mailed it to the ORIE department. They have the address somewhere online. If you can't find, let me know...

I think I mailed it to the ORIE department. They have the address somewhere online. If you can't find, let me know...
Yes, I can find the address. but my question is "whom should a address this mail to?"

Yes, I can find the address. but my question is "whom should a address this mail to?"

I think I wrote "ORIE Admissions" or " School of ORIE" or something like this this... I don't really remember.
It wasn't to a specific person, though.

I think I wrote "ORIE Admissions" or " School of ORIE" or something like this this... I don't really remember.
thanks, roni, I will also give it a shot.

Hi roni,
did you write such a letter to them when you are waitlisted? If yes, does it mean that you have to choose them as your final destination? Thanks!

Hi roni,
did you write such a letter to them when you are waitlisted? If yes, does it mean that you have to choose them as your final destination? Thanks!
No, it doesn't mean you have to choose them. They gave me time until April 15th.

Thanks for the advice Roni. I sent an Email to Kathy King with my updated Resume and a few lines showing my strong interests. May I know why you chose to send them a snail mail v.s. an Email? Also did they respond at all? Thanks!

Thanks for the advice Roni. I sent an Email to Kathy King with my updated Resume and a few lines showing my strong interests. May I know why you chose to send them a snail mail v.s. an Email? Also did they respond at all? Thanks!
It feels like they don't really read emails, plus Kathy is probably filled with different emails.
They never responded to my mail or anything, that's why I don't know if it really helped :\

It feels like they don't really read emails, plus Kathy is probably filled with different emails.
They never responded to my mail or anything, that's why I don't know if it really helped :\
They won't even want to answer the phone...

Back