• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Columbia MSOR Anyone else headed to Columbia MSOR?

Forza i have read them but i want to know the present trend. You are there you can tell us is it improving or in stagnant stage. I have got mixed impression by reading them and people also don't have a good opinion whom i have talked with.

MSOR MFE and MAFN are competing for the same kind of jobs.
And now they created MS&E which will make it more difficult...
Anyone know how many students will attend MS&E? (I hope that there won't be 150 students...)

Hey guys!
I e-mailed the SEAS Gradmit people and found out that a debit card is acceptable too (for payment of the $2500 deposit).
So, I was wondering if anyone did pay via debit and also, how long after you pay (via debit/credit) does it take before you receive a transaction receipt? Like immediately or in a day?
Cause I tried paying with my debit card today and it didnt seem to do anything (I input all my info and it went back to the starting page. No warning of any sort. ). I checked my account an hour or two later and nothing had been debited.

I would greatly appreciate some info with regard to this.
Thanks in advance.

Hey guys!
I e-mailed the SEAS Gradmit people and found out that a debit card is acceptable too (for payment of the $2500 deposit).
So, I was wondering if anyone did pay via debit and also, how long after you pay (via debit/credit) does it take before you receive a transaction receipt? Like immediately or in a day?
Cause I tried paying with my debit card today and it didnt seem to do anything (I input all my info and it went back to the starting page. No warning of any sort. ). I checked my account an hour or two later and nothing had been debited.

I would greatly appreciate some info with regard to this.
Thanks in advance.
Scratch that. I ended up paying by check.

so now since I have also made the deposit, I am starting to worry about getting a place to stay in NYC..if any of you guys who need a roommate, please let me know and I will be glad to provide some background info about myself

and also I am in Boston so I could meet with you in New York over a weekend during the summer if needed

OMG..I tried to pay the deposit before the deadline (12:00 am 4/28) but just realized that there was an issue on my credit card.
The deadline just passed and I am so frustrated.

I just emailed regarding my situation.
Would I have a chance to accept the admission offer?

I thought so. However, the link to admission response site is closed.
12:00 AM on 4/28 is same as 11:59 PM on 4/27

If i get confirmation mail i will come because other options i have are are not that great i.e MISM of CMU and NYU. Also, i hope Columbia OR would help me step into finance domain. What do you say about this
Could you tell me why do you think the MISM program of CMU is "not that great"? I'm also deciding between MISM of CMU and MSOR of Columbia but I actually don't know much about the MISM program. What do you think about the MISM program?:)

Back