• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Columbia MFE Anyone got Columbia MFE interview?

Where did you find the information about interviews at MSFE? I can't find any info on Columbia MSFE page that there is some interview in the admissions process.

Where did you find the information about interviews at MSFE? I can't find any info on Columbia MSFE page that there is some interview in the admissions process.
In the Tracker, you can find some former applicants received interviews. For example, "INT: 2014-02-14" means this applicant had an interview on 2014/2/14. You can also find some posts about MSFE interview in this forum. Just click "Columbia MSFE" on the top, you can see them.

No one received interview yet? I visited several forums and did not find any post talking about the MSFE interviews.

According to the historical record, there should be interview in the admission process of MSFE. I email Admission office and got “Thank you for contacting our office. The interview is not a required part of the application process and not every department decides to use it, even year to year. If the department decides to hold interviews they will contact you with details. ” In fact, the reply is ambiguous because Columbia might delay the interview this year or just stop using interview. Anyway, the official website of Columbia IEOR said they would notify MSFE applicants by the third week of Feb.

Not yet. Many candidates had already passed the interview by early February last year. That makes me a little depressed.

Not yet. Many candidates had already passed the interview by early February last year. That makes me a little depressed.
Same here. But I have not seen anyone received the interview. It is clear that Columbia MSFE would release their admissions by the end of Feb. (They said in the Admission F&Q

Hey guys, I am waiting for the interview also. Please update the tracker if you guys hear anything.

Hey yolo zhang,
Did you get this info. from someone or just intution??
Just intution. But as you can in this post, I got reply from Columbia, they told me "The interview is not a required part of the application process and not every department decides to use it, even year to year. ". Today is 2/6 and Columbia MSFE usually release their admission decisions by the third week of Feb. If they decide to use interview, they should have sent the interview invitations. But it is still possible that they just delay the interview this year.

Same here. But I have not seen anyone received the interview. It is clear that Columbia MSFE would release their admissions by the end of Feb. (They said in the Admission F&Q
They do not necessarily have to release admission decisions by the third weekend of February. The website says all PHD and MFSE applicants will get the admission decision or be contacted for more information by the third weekend of Febraury.

They do not necessarily have to release admission decisions by the third weekend of February. The website says all PHD and MFSE applicants will get the admission decision or be contacted for more information by the third weekend of Febraury.
Right, according to the previous record, they released most of their admission decisions by the end of Feb, just saw several on the beg of Mar. They should at least give notifications to applicants by the third week of Feb (Interview, Admission or reject). But it is still weird this year. I guess there would be some information next week.

My friend in the class of 2015 told me that some of her friends will be conducting interviews for MSFE candidates. So there should still be interviews this year. But it is a little bit weird as they had conducted the first round by this time last year.

My friend in the class of 2015 told me that some of her friends will be conducting interviews for MSFE candidates. So there should still be interviews this year. But it is a little bit weird as they had conducted the first round by this time last year.
Maybe they would send interviews next week.

Back