• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Columbia MFE Anyone got Columbia MFE interview?

I just get a email from Columbia. They give me an interview invitation. Here is what they said in the email:

As a final step in the process, we would like to invite you to discuss your candidacy and interest in Columbia University. Please log onto our application system and click on the “Interview” tab to accept our invitation. If you accept this invitation, you will then be contacted by one of our IEOR Ambassadors to schedule a Skype video interview of approximately 15 minutes in the next week.

I am super excited. Good luck to all!

BTW, does anyone know how the interview is like in previous years? Is it technical or behavioral? Look like this is the final round?

I just get a email from Columbia. They give me an interview invitation. Here is what they said in the email:

I am super excited. Good luck to all!

BTW, does anyone know how the interview is like in previous years? Is it technical or behavioral? Look like this is the final round?

Congrats and good luck for the interview!

Hello! I just got the interview invitation but cannot find the interview tab. Anyone found it?

Last edited:
Just got mine, as I was reading this thread.
I am a CS/Fin undergrad, with experience in equity research positions, so I have somewhat limited quant experience. Any interview tips would be quite helpful.

Thanks to anyone who can help!

Hey everyone, I just got the invitation for interview from Columbia as well. However I could not find the interview tab in the application system as described in the email. Has any one figured out how to exactly accept this invitation yet? Thank you guys very much and good luck to your interview!

I have got a mail saying that i will be interviewed next week.
Does anyone know what kind of questions are asked in this interview?
Im from a decision sciences background and am not sure if they will ask me any finance related questions.

Hey everyone, I just got the invitation for interview from Columbia as well. However I could not find the interview tab in the application system as described in the email. Has any one figured out how to exactly accept this invitation yet? Thank you guys very much and good luck to your interview!
It is at ribbon. Next to Application.

Thanks for your reply. By ribbon do you mean navigation bar which should include 'Home', "application', 'application status', 'email admin. office' and 'profile' tabs? If it is what you mean, I think I still cannot find the 'interview' tab yet.
Yeah, that's what I mean.

Pretty weird that you don't have that button. Maybe try different browser/computer. If it still does not work, I would contact the admin office.

Based on the tracker, it does not seem likely that anyone who was not interviewed will be admitted. Hoping that I hear from them soon, but I do not have high hopes.

Back