• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Columbia MFE Anyone got Columbia MFE interview?

Thanks PraveenK. Do you know an exact deadline for an up-to-date transcript? My situation might be a bit difficult. When I entered my uni, I was under a four-year program where I obtained BA at third year and a master's at fourth year. Of course, I am allowed to leave with a BA this year. But by now, I am still officially registered as a four-year program student and the date of graduation shown on my transcript is still in 2016. I have contacted the school for changing my status of the course and they are doing it for me now. But I do not know when the official change can be made. I am afraid that I cannot meet their deadline of receiving an official transcript with the correct degree conferral date.

I don't unfortunately. On the gradengineering website they sent us, the information seems to be out of date. They said it was March 11th but that seems to be for students enrolling for the January semester. They also mentioned on the online application that they should receive the documents before the start of the term. A little ambiguous at the moment so I'm just waiting to receive correspondence from them.

I think as long as your university doesn't take over a month to do it, you'll be fine. I assume Columbia understands that some universities might take a while to produce an updated transcript.

I don't unfortunately. On the gradengineering website they sent us, the information seems to be out of date. They said it was March 11th but that seems to be for students enrolling for the January semester. They also mentioned on the online application that they should receive the documents before the start of the term. A little ambiguous at the moment so I'm just waiting to receive correspondence from them.

I think as long as your university doesn't take over a month to do it, you'll be fine. I assume Columbia understands that some universities might take a while to produce an updated transcript.
Thanks very much.

Can somebody else also share their interview experience, itd really be helpful.I just got my invite today, buy for MS&E. How many of you have applied to MS&E

Hey, I got interview invitation email today... they are still sending invitations out... best of luck
Please relate the interview question for the same if possible!! I am being interviewed by a professor instead. What does that mean?

Back