Columbia MFE anyone got columbia MFE offer (1st deposite date?) request a expedite decision on NYU or Baruch...

yo yue

Member
C++ Student
Just wondering if anyone has done so...
for the ppl who got offer, is there a specified deadline for 1st deposite...

Many thanks,
 

UndeadPeng

New Member
C++ Student
I received my offer on 27 Feb and the deadline for response and payment of deposit is 13 Mar.
 

PraveenK

New Member
Maybe it would be worth your while to request for them to give you more time to accept the offer/pay the deposit.

I had an offer from Imperial College and I was waiting on Columbia. I didn't think it was possible but I inquired saying I would need a little more time to gather the funds for the deposit and they gave me two weeks more. I'm not sure if American universities would do the same but I see no harm in asking. Make sure you give them a good reason to give you more time though.
 

cxiao

Active Member
C++ Student
Maybe it would be worth your while to request for them to give you more time to accept the offer/pay the deposit.

I had an offer from Imperial College and I was waiting on Columbia. I didn't think it was possible but I inquired saying I would need a little more time to gather the funds for the deposit and they gave me two weeks more. I'm not sure if American universities would do the same but I see no harm in asking. Make sure you give them a good reason to give you more time though.
I sent them an email. No response yet. I am not holding my breadth though.
 

curaider

New Member
C++ Student
I guess we should at least mention that we are waiting other programs, because programs like CMU MSCF may contact Columbia if you request early decisions. At least that's what the lady told me when I called CMU for an early decision.
 

yo yue

Member
C++ Student
Several days ago. Did not hear back. Are you waiting for Baruch and NYU? Anything else?
I just gonna send email requesting expedited decision on my NYU and baruch applications... I havent applied for CMU yet... but I think I run out of time...
 

cxiao

Active Member
C++ Student
I just gonna send email requesting expedited decision on my NYU and baruch applications... I havent applied for CMU yet... but I think I run out of time...
I sent an email to Baruch, they are super quick. Get my first interview invite the next business day. Then get my second interview invite on the same day I did my first interview. NYU on the other hand essentially replied me "keep waiting"

CMU is gonna be tough. R3 decision is in May. They have not sent out R2 interview yet. There is just no way you can avoid paying for the deposit for other schools.

Who will you choose between Baruch and Columbia?
 

yo yue

Member
C++ Student
I sent an email to Baruch, they are super quick. Get my first interview invite the next business day. Then get my second interview invite on the same day I did my first interview. NYU on the other hand essentially replied me "keep waiting"

CMU is gonna be tough. R3 decision is in May. They have not sent out R2 interview yet. There is just no way you can avoid paying for the deposit for other schools.

Who will you choose between Baruch and Columbia?
wow... thats impressive... thanks for the notice... I will delay sending my baruch request and be ready for the bloody interviews :( first... did you get admission decision on baruch...
personally, I prefer baruch... dream place :)
 

cxiao

Active Member
C++ Student
wow... thats impressive... thanks for the notice... I will delay sending my baruch request and be ready for the bloody interviews :( first... did you get admission decision on baruch...
personally, I prefer baruch... dream place :)
Have not done my second interview with Baruch yet.
 

implol

Member
wow... thats impressive... thanks for the notice... I will delay sending my baruch request and be ready for the bloody interviews :( first... did you get admission decision on baruch...
personally, I prefer baruch... dream place :)
That is interesting. Why Baruch as your dream place?
 

cxiao

Active Member
C++ Student
wow... thats impressive... thanks for the notice... I will delay sending my baruch request and be ready for the bloody interviews :( first... did you get admission decision on baruch...
personally, I prefer baruch... dream place :)
I am curious about your reasoning on Columbia vs Baruch
 
Top