• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Columbia MFE anyone got columbia MFE offer (1st deposite date?) request a expedite decision on NYU or Baruch...

The deadline is two weeks after you got your admission.

Maybe it would be worth your while to request for them to give you more time to accept the offer/pay the deposit.

I had an offer from Imperial College and I was waiting on Columbia. I didn't think it was possible but I inquired saying I would need a little more time to gather the funds for the deposit and they gave me two weeks more. I'm not sure if American universities would do the same but I see no harm in asking. Make sure you give them a good reason to give you more time though.

Maybe it would be worth your while to request for them to give you more time to accept the offer/pay the deposit.

I had an offer from Imperial College and I was waiting on Columbia. I didn't think it was possible but I inquired saying I would need a little more time to gather the funds for the deposit and they gave me two weeks more. I'm not sure if American universities would do the same but I see no harm in asking. Make sure you give them a good reason to give you more time though.
I sent them an email. No response yet. I am not holding my breadth though.

I guess we should at least mention that we are waiting other programs, because programs like CMU MSCF may contact Columbia if you request early decisions. At least that's what the lady told me when I called CMU for an early decision.

when did you contact them... I got a decision due date of 20.Mar...
Several days ago. Did not hear back. Are you waiting for Baruch and NYU? Anything else?

I just gonna send email requesting expedited decision on my NYU and baruch applications... I havent applied for CMU yet... but I think I run out of time...
I sent an email to Baruch, they are super quick. Get my first interview invite the next business day. Then get my second interview invite on the same day I did my first interview. NYU on the other hand essentially replied me "keep waiting"

CMU is gonna be tough. R3 decision is in May. They have not sent out R2 interview yet. There is just no way you can avoid paying for the deposit for other schools.

Who will you choose between Baruch and Columbia?

I sent an email to Baruch, they are super quick. Get my first interview invite the next business day. Then get my second interview invite on the same day I did my first interview. NYU on the other hand essentially replied me "keep waiting"

CMU is gonna be tough. R3 decision is in May. They have not sent out R2 interview yet. There is just no way you can avoid paying for the deposit for other schools.

Who will you choose between Baruch and Columbia?

wow... thats impressive... thanks for the notice... I will delay sending my baruch request and be ready for the bloody interviews :( first... did you get admission decision on baruch...
personally, I prefer baruch... dream place :)

wow... thats impressive... thanks for the notice... I will delay sending my baruch request and be ready for the bloody interviews :( first... did you get admission decision on baruch...
Have not done my second interview with Baruch yet.

That is interesting. Why Baruch as your dream place?

I am curious about your reasoning on Columbia vs Baruch

Back