• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

NYU MSMF Anyone got results from NYU MSMF?

Just saw from the tracker that some offers are out already over the past few days. Is there anyone still waiting just like me? :(

I've heard that many people had interviews this year but I haven't got any invitation yet...... Super anxious right now... Does anybody know whether it's possible to get admitted without interview this year??

Yes, I have a friend who hasn't received an admission offer, and he was never interviewed. It was about 3 weeks ago.
I myself am still waiting for an answer. I guess they send out answers a few at a time.

Yes, I have a friend who hasn't received an admission offer, and he was never interviewed. It was about 3 weeks ago.
I myself am still waiting for an answer. I guess they send out answers a few at a time.
Yeah there must be some more offers coming soon... Did you upload the application video for NYU? I checked my video and it still has zero view, so just wondering if I'm in the rejection pool already or they haven't reviewed my application yet. Anyway, good luck to both of us!

No I didn't upload one, nor did my friend who got admitted. I don't think the video is an important factor at all.
As long as you haven't been rejected or haven't been offered admission I wouldn't worry too much about it, my guess is they are in the process of reviewing applications.

I called last week and was told that decisions will be sent out 8 to 10 weeks after the deadline. So hopefully no later than next week... Last year's admits on Tracker got their decision by April 15. I think that's what the committee is planning for due to April 15 being the broad decision deadline for most grad schools, but it's just my guess

I called last week and was told that decisions will be sent out 8 to 10 weeks after the deadline. So hopefully no later than next week... Last year's admits on Tracker got their decision by April 15. I think that's what the committee is planning for due to April 15 being the broad decision deadline for most grad schools, but it's just my guess
Yes hope we can all get good results by next week! I think earlier results will tend to be those good ones, so if someone has to wait until May or something like that it won't be a good sign :(

Btw have you received any interview invitations?

Hello all,

I've been admitted as per my request for an early decision. There was no interview process for me. I believe the optional videos were meant to serve that purpose. They told me they received ~850 applications this year and that competition is high, so I imagine this is the reason for the long wait on decisions.

Best of luck.

It seems they've sent some offers already. But not so many is my guess. Hopefully waiting. Good luck!

The program administrator gave me that number off the top of her head, so I dont know how reliable it is.

Hello all,

I've been admitted as per my request for an early decision. There was no interview process for me. I believe the optional videos were meant to serve that purpose. They told me they received ~850 applications this year and that competition is high, so I imagine this is the reason for the long wait on decisions.

Best of luck.
Thanks for sharing the info! Did you ask for an early decision via email? I've sent 2 emails already telling them I've got other deadlines reaching but the reply seemed to be just automatic...

Yes, I emailed mathfinapp@cims.nyu.edu. The body of the response I received was pretty vague and was likely an automatic system reply. I sent my request on March 12th and received the decision on April 2nd, ~3 weeks. The deadline I gave them was April 15th.

Hope this helps.

Any news guys? I have a bunch of schools to reply to and getting worried cause NYU is my top choice :/

Back