• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Chicago MSFM Anyone heard back from UChicago

Hi guys, so I have submitted my application to the Uchicago msfm program for the first round (on january) but heard nothing since then. Is there anyone who got admits/rejection ? When we should expect to get response?

Same here. Submitted before the deadline in January and haven’t heard anything yet. The trackers show that there was a batch released at the time last year. Since today is the last weekday of February, we can wait till the end of day to see if anything happens.

no idea, but if you're really eager to know I would recommend emailing the admissions team

no idea, but if you're really eager to know I would recommend emailing the admissions team
When can we expect decision from the university?
Normally, the last day for decisions is 18th march, but what I see from the tracker is that last years the most of the decisions were announced on either 25th february or 3rd march. So, maybe they will announce the decisions today.

I've been getting more and more frustrated with their lack of communication on why there is a delay this year. Almost every other program has released some results or communicated an exact day when results will be released

I've been getting more and more frustrated with their lack of communication on why there is a delay this year. Almost every other program has released some results or communicated an exact day when results will be released
I understand your feelings. But on their website, they said applicants will receive a decision by March 18th, so I guess there's still time. Different programs just have different approaches. Some send out ad/rej by batches, some just release at a time. As long as you don't receive an explicit rej, have some hope.

Yep, plus given covid I’m sure some aspects of the decision process have changed which might make timetables in general slower- for example these universities are now selecting candidates into a very different job market than they were last year, communications probably different too, etc.

this is a broad trend at a bunch of places

It's a disaster all around, not just UChicago. The work from home is just not suitable for many industries, but for now it'll have to do. With that being said, while I do not fault those who are taking longer than normal, I did appreciate the likes of Columbia and NYU Courant having such quick turnarounds. Another thing to note of, UChicago gets a relatively large amount of applications when compared to the other desirable programs. For comparison, last year they had almost 1400 applications, whereas Baruch had less than 500.

It’s tough, I work in Chicago so the option to do part time in the program would mean I don’t need to leave my job to do this, so financially it would be a steal...

Congrats to the three of you! If you guys don't mind me asking, what did the email say? Was it a check the website email, or did it straight up say you got accepted in the email itself?

Back