• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Columbia MSOR Anyone heard from the MSOR program after interview?

SSH

Hi all,
Just wonder if anyone has heard from the MSOR program after the interview?
I was redirected from MSFE program and had my interview on 3/31/15... It worries me cause I havent's heard from them until now.... I saw on the tracker that some people who have interviews later than mine got admitted already... Does that mean I got rejected T^T.... Thanks and good luck for everyone who are still waiting... Also congrats to whoever got accepted!

For whoever that already had a interview... Did you guys receive your decision right after the interview?? Should I send a email to the ad office for response?

The decision was sent two days after the interview. Maybe you should email them to show your interest and remind them.
Btw, great profile pic!

The decision was sent two days after the interview. Maybe you should email them to show your interest and remind them.
Btw, great profile pic!
Thanks and congrats on acceptance! But some people said that if you email them for decision it usually ends badly...
BTW have you made your final decision on the program?

Thanks! Oh yeah.. I did that to NYU-poly and then I was rejected five fours after it with one paragraph rejection email.
I think I'm going UChicago FinMath. But not 100% sure

I had an interview on last Sat night. and I received the decision today.
i heard that they would rank you and then adjust the rank after your interview accordingly.

i heard that they would rank you and then adjust the rank after your interview accordingly.
Thank you for your input!
BTW would you mind telling me when is the deadline they gave you for making the decision?

Also were you redirected or did you applied directly to the program?

April 20th! it is 2 weeks after admission decision. so i think it varies
i applied directly on feb 14th.

April 20th! it is 2 weeks after admission decision. so i think it varies
i applied directly on feb 14th.
Thank you for your answer:) Congrats on your acceptance!
Finger cross on they are still sending out ADs.. I REALLY wish that I can study in this program.....

I haven't heard back from Columbia ever since applying for MSOR. Are they still rolling out Interview Calls? It's been more than 3 months now! :(

I haven't heard back from Columbia ever since applying for MSOR. Are they still rolling out Interview Calls? It's been more than 3 months now! :(
I was redirected from MFE in march... I did the interview last tuesday... @implol also applied directly and said he/she did the interview last saturday... So I guess they are still arranging interviews...?
Good luck on both of us :unsure: I will update as soon as I hear back from them thou.. hope its gonna be good news :oops::oops:

I had an interview on April 5th (Sunday) and haven't heard back yet! Good luck to all of us :)

Back