• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

UCLA MFE Anyone receive admission yet for the first round?

Hi everyone, I applied for UCLA MFE program for the first round and had an interview with a member of the industrial advisory board on April 25, but since then I received no news from them. Based on the tracker for the last year's situation, applicants had got admission at this moment but this year no admissions have been posted yet. So I'm curious to know if anyone is caught in the same situation as I do that having other programs to make a final decision yet waiting desperately for UCLA's decision? Or anyone who has been notified by the committee but didn't post their info in the tracker?

I keep hearing this year has seen more MFE applicants than ever so I'm thinking they're just more backed up than before.

But it doesn't necessarily mean UCLA had a record number of applicants, especially at this moment most schools have finished enrollment.

But it doesn't necessarily mean UCLA had a record number of applicants, especially at this moment most schools have finished enrollment.
I just found a call from Francesca on my voicemail. I got in! My email is still empty and my application still says under review so she must be calling people first.

Despite a small sample, I believe more will join our group. Committee is ready for admission decision now!

You guys have any news on financial aid? I remembered the interviewer mentioned some scholarships..wondering if the scholarship decision comes together with the admission....

No financial aid information mentioned in the admission letter, does any of you get it?

I just found a call from Francesca on my voicemail. I got in! My email is still empty and my application still says under review so she must be calling people first.

Could you tell me some interview questions? I will have an interview this week. Is there any techinical problem, such as C++ or SAS?

I also have an interview later this week. I would appreciate any information that others have on the interview process. Thank you in advance.

I just received the result of round 2 and I got in, only one day after the interview. Lucky me.

Does anyone know how many ppl applied in R2? I attended an info session and was told they received over 80 applications in R1

Could you tell me some interview questions? I will have an interview this week. Is there any techinical problem, such as C++ or SAS?
I also have an interview later this week. I would appreciate any information that others have on the interview process. Thank you in advance.
I just received the result of round 2 and I got in, only one day after the interview. Lucky me.
Guys
Please add your timeline to the tracker

Back