• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

NYU Tandon MFE Anyone sill waiting for NYU MFE decision?

Hi all,

I am an applicant for the NYU MFE program. I submitted my application on Nov 29, 2020, but still waiting for the final decision. Does anyone have a similar situation? I contacted Tandon admission but the officer told me that they have no idea when the decision will be made. So I was wondering if my application was missing or the application was placed into the round 2 batches?

Thanks!

I’m also waiting for this one. I submitted in mid January but my checklist wasn’t complete until early February. So I guess I still need to wait for some time.

Same here, I submitted the application on 1st dec. Still waiting for their decision, I have not been waitlisted for round 2 but as NYU only has around 90 odd seats to fill up, I don't think round 2 is really necessary. Mostly it is a reject.

I got waitlisted on 20th January, and they said they would give me a decision within 6 weeks, which ended on 3rd March, so they're still not done with sending decisions yet.

Hey guys, I have not yet received any status update from nye since I've applied but many other are waitlisted, are there others in similar situation

I am not involved or associated with the NYU MFE program, but I will say that many of the programs at both NYU and elsewhere appear to send out admissions letters in a stream over time until all places have been filled. So it is normal for some applicants to hear early and others to hear much later.

But if you do receive an offer from one program, please let other programs (such as the NYU Math Finance program) know, and they will probably tell you pretty quickly whether they will make a counteroffer or not.

I am not involved or associated with the NYU MFE program, but I will say that many of the programs at both NYU and elsewhere appear to send out admissions letters in a stream over time until all places have been filled. So it is normal for some applicants to hear early and others to hear much later.

But if you do receive an offer from one program, please let other programs (such as the NYU Math Finance program) know, and they will probably tell you pretty quickly whether they will make a counteroffer or not.
Thanks for addressing our concerns and questions. May I ask if I want to let other programs know that I have received other offers, should I contact the grad admissions or the program department? It seems like the admissions at Tandon I contacted before deal with the problems associate with the application materials only and they have no ideas about the decision-making process?

Thanks again for your help, and your reply will be highly appreciated!

Thanks for addressing our concerns and questions. May I ask if I want to let other programs know that I have received other offers, should I contact the grad admissions or the program department? It seems like the admissions at Tandon I contacted before deal with the problems associate with the application materials only and they have no ideas about the decision-making process?

Thanks again for your help, and your reply will be highly appreciated!
Hello,

I can't really speak for other programs. For the NYU Math Finance program, you should send an email to: mathfinapp@cims.nyu.edu with a copy of the admissions letter(s) from the other prorams.

I can't give you a precise estimate. Decisions (admit, reject, or wait list) will have been made for most applications by April 15.

@CourantMathFinance There is something I don't understand with your admission process. Why are you treating people that haven't received acceptances from other schools (or those who did not apply) as second tier applicants. All students had to abide by the same deadline and we all poured the same amount of work into our applications and it is unfair to wait 4 months after the deadline to receive a nod from your committee whilst other wait for less than a month. We all have to plan our future in due time and you're just making it harder. For example, in my case, you haven't even looked at my video which means that you haven't yet assessed my profile (from what I understand at least) and there is no guarantee that I'll have the same chances as other people who already got in your program if places already got filled. You will probably prone the contrary but I'm just speaking my mind.

@CourantMathFinance There is something I don't understand with your admission process. Why are you treating people that haven't received acceptances from other schools (or those who did not apply) as second tier applicants. All students had to abide by the same deadline and we all poured the same amount of work into our applications and it is unfair to wait 4 months after the deadline to receive a nod from your committee whilst other wait for less than a month. We all have to plan our future in due time and you're just making it harder. For example, in my case, you haven't even looked at my video which means that you haven't yet assessed my profile (from what I understand at least) and there is no guarantee that I'll have the same chances as other people who already got in your program if places already got filled. You will probably prone the contrary but I'm just speaking my mind.

Thanks for the feedback. I understand how difficult it is to be kept waiting for a decision. We try to evaluate every applicant carefully, and this takes time. We also want to get the best students possible, and this means we often have to wait until we have received and evaluated most of the applications received, before we can make final decisions. We also have no choice but to evaluate quickly applicants who have received a competing offer, in order not to lose strong ones.

I can't give you a precise estimate. Decisions (admit, reject, or wait list) will have been made for most applications by April 15.
Hi! May I ask that why the GRE score still shows "Awaiting" in the application system? I have already asked the ETS to send it to Tandon more than 1 month ago... Is it alright or I have to ask the ETS to resend the score? Thanks

Hi! May I ask that why the GRE score still shows "Awaiting" in the application system? I have already asked the ETS to send it to Tandon more than 1 month ago... Is it alright or I have to ask the ETS to resend the score? Thanks
This happened to me a week ago. Send a mail to admissions office mentioning your application Reference number, GRE registration number and Name. Mine got resolved in a day.
Good luck

This happened to me a week ago. Send a mail to admissions office mentioning your application Reference number, GRE registration number and Name. Mine got resolved in a day.
Good luck
Thank you so much! Good luck!

Good luck
May I ask which email address did you use?

Back