• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Columbia MAFN Anyone still waiting for Columbia MathFin Decisions?

My status has no changes at all...
Did someone say all the decisions could be sent out today?

Still waiting... Though I am part-time. Where should one expect to see a status change? Under downloadable forms?

I guess thats the only way to check the status. Mine just shows " submitted and Yes, at department". Nothing else.

I don exactly remember, but the Submission date online reads, Jan. 6 . Unsure when all completed

It seems nothing will change today.... Wait 4 tomorrow
The only way we would see a change in their online system is if we receive an email letting us know that a decision is available online. Of course, unless, the system change goes public before an email gets dispatched.

not sure about full-time, but the director of the program told me that they had not started to review part-time applications, would start in May or June. The weird thing is if you go to the applicaion tracker, you can see a part-time applicant saying he is accepted. Either is not telling the truth?

not sure about full-time, but the director of the program told me that they had not started to review part-time applications, would start in May or June. The weird thing is if you go to the applicaion tracker, you can see a part-time applicant saying he is accepted. Either is not telling the truth?
I am part time and was Wait-listed. Received my decision yesterday.

How are they able to differentiate part-time and full-time? If I remember correctly, they never asked in the application...

How are they able to differentiate part-time and full-time? If I remember correctly, they never asked in the application...

This is a good question... I have not finished the online forms yet, so never thought about this... Anyway, that's what they say..
Another thing I know is there are only 10 positions for part-time.

I am still pending.... How about you?
Why there are still so many pending applications? Anyone has an idea?

I think that since their deadline is May 31, they are still waiting for new applicants.

i applied on 1st march got an admit on 18th of march !...i was skeptical about taking up this program, but after reading alla's post in a different thread i have changed my opinion :) but i'm disappointed at the fact that the classes will be held during the nights !

Back