• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Columbia MFE Anyone still waiting for Columbia MFE?

Lol. They can at least let us know if it's a reject. Would help us move on at least.

Thanks for the update. I really need to hear something from them even if it’s a rejection.
Last time, I went to the admission office and they told me that they canceled the redirect policy this year. So I am wondering if anyone receives the redirect.

And just got this "
Thank you for your interest in Columbia Engineering. Please be advised, the application review process may take several weeks or longer and this is normal due to the high number of applications received and the selectivity of the program. The application reviews are also strictly confidential. We are not privy to the details regarding the status or any other aspect of your application review.

We appreciate the time and effort you spent in preparing your application and want to assure you that the faculty admissions committee is working very hard to give each application careful attention. We will contact you via email as soon as a decision is entered on your application.
"
Anybody could tell me, since I'm a Chinese, is this a polite "NO" in the US culture?

And just got this "
Thank you for your interest in Columbia Engineering. Please be advised, the application review process may take several weeks or longer and this is normal due to the high number of applications received and the selectivity of the program. The application reviews are also strictly confidential. We are not privy to the details regarding the status or any other aspect of your application review.

We appreciate the time and effort you spent in preparing your application and want to assure you that the faculty admissions committee is working very hard to give each application careful attention. We will contact you via email as soon as a decision is entered on your application.
"
Anybody could tell me, since I'm a Chinese, is this a polite "NO" in the US culture?
I'm also Chinese and I believe you've still got a chance as long as you don't receive the rej, though miracles almost never happen. My guess is that they are still waiting for deposits for the previous admits and might still have some room available, but a decision is gonna be finalized soon.

And just got this "

"
Did the admission send you this email? Or they were writing back to you?

You can just check the history record and you will find trackers after 4.15 (mid to late April) are all about rejections. So prepare for the worst and hope for the best.

And just got this "

"
I got the same one. It’s not a rejection it’s just saying that since there’s so many applicants it will take longer then usual to give out results.

I got the same one. It’s not a rejection it’s just saying that since there’s so many applicants it will take longer then usual to give out results.
Did the admission send to you? Or they were writing back to you? Cuz I didn’t receive it.....

Back