• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Columbia MFE Anyone still waiting for Columbia MFE?

just received an email for being waitlisted... Any chances? They said they will release the decision by July 8

I'm also waitlisted. I tried to search past WL experiences and they were pretty bad. I wonder if they put anyone they've interviewed and not admitted to the wait list.
would you mind sharing me your WeChat or Facebook so we can just keep in touch

I have received the waitlist email as well while I haven't received any other offers. It seems to be my last chance this year so I would put my name on the waitlist.

I received waitlist email as well yesterday. July 8th sounds extremely late. Any idea of the chances of getting converted from a waitlist?

My advice would be to pay the deposit for other programs that you would like and then if you do get in just pay. I'm not sure about the visa issues involved with this, maybe someone knows?

I've been waitlisted for the MSOR program. Anyone else who was interviewed and then waitlisted from MSOR? July 8th seems pretty late.

I also received the waitlist email but I already made the deposit for another program. I guess I will just wait to see the result and run the process of the other program at the same time. July 8 is really too late. Does anyone know when the semester of Columbia MFE starts because I didn't see any information on the website.

I also received the waitlist email but I already made the deposit for another program. I guess I will just wait to see the result and run the process of the other program at the same time. July 8 is really too late. Does anyone know when the semester of Columbia MFE starts because I didn't see any information on the website.
As for MAFN, the program starts in early Sep but the orientation starts somewhere around Aug 27th. I reckon it's similar to MFE.

Anyone heard anything from the waitlist?
Nothing. I'm wondering Columbia will release all the results till the deadline of 7.8. because I've heard someone has declined MSOR last week. but till now, nobody in the waitlist has received the admit.

Back