• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Columbia MAFN Application deadline for Fall 2009 admission(Master in Mathematics of Finance, Columbia University)?

According to their website (Columbia University - MA in Mathematics of Finance), the Application deadline for Fall 2009 admission is May 31, 2009.

However, most of the MFE program in top University, including the MSFE of Columbia University, set a deadline around 9 -12 months before the first class. Does anyone know the reason of such late deadline?

According to their website (Columbia University - MA in Mathematics of Finance), the Application deadline for Fall 2009 admission is May 31, 2009.

However, most of the MFE program in top University, including the MSFE of Columbia University, set a deadline around 9 -12 months before the first class. Does anyone know the reason of such late deadline?

That's their mathematical finance program. It seems to be a knockoff.

Their IEOR based one is the true one, as it's directed by Emanuel Derman himself.

Hello to everyone!Something that got me mixed up is the deadlines Columbia gives...For example,about the MSc FE,they say "Summer Admission Only" with deadline 15 February!

What does "summer admission" mean?January?You apply 11 months in advance?

Columbia MFE program starts during the summer, July (weird) so it's called summer admission.
MSFE Curriculum 2009-10

Other programs traditionally start during Fall (Sept) so they say Fall admission.

Programs like UCB MFE has Spring admission (March).

Different programs follow different academic schedule structures (semester, quarter)

That's their mathematical finance program. It seems to be a knockoff.

Their IEOR based one is the true one, as it's directed by Emanuel Derman himself.

Hi there, I've read that other ppl also have the impression the the math finance is a knock off. Can you elaborate? On what do you base your opinion on? I"m tyring to decide if I should go there or not. Thanks so much!

Back