• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Cornell FE Are Cornell MFE Results Out?

There's a post in application tracker saying that Cornell has sent 25 offers. I haven't received anything and would like someone to help confirm whether they have sent out acceptances.

By the way, may I know why there's no chat room for Cornell MFE?

I know of 3 Acceptance cases that are not in the Tracker. I don't know how much this helps or if they sent all the acceptance letters. Good Luck.

@adt
perhaps you can convince the people who got accepted to put the info on the tracker (even as anonymous). That would be helpful.
Does anyone know how many offers Cornell gives every year. I could not find this info. Also, how big is a typical class?

@adt
This is for ORIE Masters. It's not only Financial Engineering. Plus, What I am looking for is the number of accepted, not the number of people who decide to take the offer, a slight difference.

But you can see who are FE or not. About the # of accepted and the # of people who actually accept the offer - you are right ;)

@adt
This is for ORIE Masters. It's not only Financial Engineering. Plus, What I am looking for is the number of accepted, not the number of people who decide to take the offer, a slight difference.
Only FE students graduate in Dec and you can see that there are around 50 graduates.
So, that's also probably the number of sudents they accepts in the past two years.But, don't forget that they also accept students for the spring semester (don't know if for FE, though).

I wonder if they really sent out 25 decisions acceptances already. They had initially said to wait until March.

Only FE students graduate in Dec and you can see that there are around 50 graduates.
So, that's also probably the number of sudents they accepts in the past two years.But, don't forget that they also accept students for the spring semester (don't know if for FE, though).
Roni I looked at your Cornell profile on the tracker page. Your profile seems very similar to mine in terms of GPA, overall and in major. Could you tell me what university you graduated from? You said you had a low GRE. What do you mean by this? Is it sub 780?

Refer to the brochure on the ORIE website. Last year there were 91 new MEng students of which approx. 50% pursued the FE track. (There may be 1/2 person floating around
smile.png
)

In response to the questions above, I received an acceptance on 2/23/11. I would imagine that others have received acceptances with fellowships/Knight Scholarships at this point, but plenty more offers will be communicated in the near future.

Back