• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

NYU MSMF Are you still waiting for hearing from NYU FinMath?

Does the rolling for part-time admission only start after the full-time admission finishes, like after Apr 15th?

I would say that full-time admissions is indeed our main focus right now. If you need a decision soon on a part-time application, you should contact us and provide the reason. If we find your request compelling, then we will accommodate it. Otherwise, please sit tight.

I would say that full-time admissions is indeed our main focus right now. If you need a decision soon on a part-time application, you should contact us and provide the reason. If we find your request compelling, then we will accommodate it. Otherwise, please sit tight.
I have a small request. Can NYU finmath start sending rejection letters earlier? It will help the waiting students move on ~ thanks a lot. I think there must be some students who will be certainly rejected. Can you just let these students know the result?

I have a small request. Can NYU finmath start sending rejection letters earlier? It will help the waiting students move on ~ thanks a lot. I think there must be some students who will be certainly rejected. Can you just let these students know the result?

Yes. I think that’s a reasonable request. We have already begun the process of sending out notifications to all applicants about the decisions. If you have not heard from us by Thursday, please contact us.

Thank you for your reply! As a part-time applicant, I recently changed my job since I submitted my application. I would like to update my resume in my application because 1. the new job is relevant and truly reflects my potential 2. my personal statement had mentioning about this new job, but the resume at that time had not, I want to make sure such inconsistency is not mis-interpret. What is the best way to communicate this update request for my application resume in this case?

Thank you for your reply! As a part-time applicant, I recently changed my job since I submitted my application. I would like to update my resume in my application because 1. the new job is relevant and truly reflects my potential 2. my personal statement had mentioning about this new job, but the resume at that time had not, I want to make sure such inconsistency is not mis-interpret. What is the best way to communicate this update request for my application resume in this case?

First, I recommend making sure your LinkedIn profile is up to date, since application readers will sometimes check it. We don't accept revised applications, but you can email questions and information to mathfinapp@cims.nyu.edu. Since it's an unofficial channel, there's no guarantee that the application reader will see it. But it's your best shot.

Back