• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

NYU MSMF Are you still waiting for hearing from NYU FinMath?

Are you waiting for NYU FinMath's offers? It seems that Courant is in no rush to give offers to students (there are less than 10 people reported their offers on the quantent).
I couldn't help wondering there may be something wrong with the program. Or there are lots of people have received the offers but most of them don't want to mention it.
If you have any info or opinion, please share with me!

Hello there, I have received an informal email for an admission offer earlier. I guess they are offering admissions on a rolling basis.

All,

The M.S. in Mathematics in Finance program at NYU Courant has been making rolling admission decisions, and applicants are being notified as these decisions are made. We expect to finish the admissions process by April 1 for full-time students starting in Fall 2019.

We encourage applicants, who have been admitted to and are facing deadlines from other programs, to notify us. Please provide us the offer letter from the program you were accepted to. You can black out any personal information such as if you are receiving a scholarship and the amount. We will make every effort to expedite our review of your application and notify you of our decision prior to the other program's deadline.

We receive many highly qualified applicants each year and review each application with great care.

Best,
Deane Yang
Chair, Committee on Mathematics in Finance

All,

The M.S. in Mathematics in Finance program at NYU Courant has been making rolling admission decisions, and applicants are being notified as these decisions are made. We expect to finish the admissions process by April 1 for full-time students starting in Fall 2019.

We encourage applicants, who have been admitted to and are facing deadlines from other programs, to notify us. Please provide us the offer letter from the program you were accepted to. You can black out any personal information such as if you are receiving a scholarship and the amount. We will make every effort to expedite our review of your application and notify you of our decision prior to the other program's deadline.

We receive many highly qualified applicants each year and review each application with great care.

Best,
Deane Yang
Thank you for the information. I’m sure it helps calm the nerves of many applicants.

All,

Best,
Deane Yang
Thank you for your reply! As a student who has received offer the program, I found your information is of great help.
Also, if I may, I want to share you with one insight I have heard a lot of time from the alumni and people from other financial engineering programs:
NYU FinMath should consider starting the program before September instead of around September 4th., because it would give students more time to prepare for the first round interview of summer internships and also to adapt themselves to this whole new life. Students from the program always feel frustrated when they learn that their competitor from other programs(such as Columbia MFE, etc.) have already got the interview invitation while they even have no idea about how to organize their resumes.

Thank you for your reply! As a student who has received offer the program, I found your information is of great help.
Also, if I may, I want to share you with one insight I have heard a lot of time from the alumni and people from other financial engineering programs:
NYU FinMath should consider starting the program before September instead of around September 4th., because it would give students more time to prepare for the first round interview of summer internships and also to adapt themselves to this whole new life. Students from the program always feel frustrated when they learn that their competitor from other programs(such as Columbia MFE, etc.) have already got the interview invitation while they even have no idea about how to organize their resumes.

Many thanks for your suggestion.

I'm wondering is it normal that I have not heard any feedback from the admission for full-time after April 1st?
Are there other people who are in the same situation?

We are not completely finished making all the admissions decisions for full-time students entering in the fall. We are working as best as we can to do so as soon as possible. It appears that most other programs have set a deadline of April 15 for a deposit. All of our applicants will definitely be notified well before that.

We are not completely finished making all the admissions decisions for full-time students entering in the fall. We are working as best as we can to do so as soon as possible. It appears that most other programs have set a deadline of April 15 for a deposit. All of our applicants will definitely be notified well before that.
Thank you for your reply. Is there any estimation for part-time student admission entering 2019 Fall? Is part-time admission also on rolling basis? I'm aware that MSMF is a small size program. Therefore, I'm wondering how many part-time students would be admitted per year.

Thank you for your reply. Is there any estimation for part-time student admission entering 2019 Fall? Is part-time admission also on rolling basis? I'm aware that MSMF is a small size program. Therefore, I'm wondering how many part-time students would be admitted per year.

Part-time student admission does indeed occur on a rolling basis. We accept applications for the fall until August 1.

Part-time student admission does indeed occur on a rolling basis. We accept applications for the fall until August 1.
Are you the real NYU Finmath or the fake one? I can do that by creating account like PrincetonMSF with its Logo. How would you prove you are the real one rather than play us fantasy?

Hi! Thank you for your reply. You mean you will send all the results(including admits and rejections) before April 15 or you will just release the admits. Cuz I think NYU Finmath have not sent any rejection yet.

We will send out all admission and rejection notices before the end of next week, so that those of you facing an April 15th deadline will be able to respond to the other programs in time.

By the way, I understand the skepticism about whether I'm real or not and how there's really no way to tell for sure. Except maybe my posts are a little too boring to be fake?

Back